Why brand new Kingston microSD 32GB class 10 UHS-1 persistently turns off my G1W?

Jimbo Lee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a brand new Kingston microsd 32GB class 10 UHS-1 direct online, I simply formatted it then inserted in one of my G1W-H's. Somehow with the new Kingston microSD 32GB both my G1W's shutting down always persistently compared to old Kingston microsd 32GB class 10 UHS-1 I bought in the eBay. I called Kingston techsupport they sent me another similar 32GB microsd which I wasn't obliged to return the first one. Neither brand new Kingston microsd's working okay that it persistently shuts down after about 10 minutes in use. I did format both at FAT32 with 32KB per cluster. Any suggestion?

16hkl8h.jpg

Have you tried formatting the card 'in camera' to insure it's formatted to the camera's liking?

Yes I did format using G1W format disk function. Also both brand new Kingston microsd's works okay in my Samsung Note 5 phone and Samsung Tab4 tablet.

I don't know what to say then. There's a possibility that the new Kingston's may not be compatible with the camera.

Maybe @Pier28 can lend some help as I seem to remember they stopped using Kingston cards a while back.

I'm kinda wonder why the old Kingston class 10 UHS-1 32GB microsd works with either G1W. I bought from Kingston directly because I had bought 2 Sandisk's at eBay that were fake they had to be return. G1WH packing suggests use Kingston class 10 that's why I bought a genuine Kingston microsd.

I'm kinda wonder why the old Kingston class 10 UHS-1 32GB microsd works with either G1W.....
It may be that Kingston changed something internal to the card (controller circuitry?) that the camera doesn't like.

I did read some G1W users have similar experience with other microsd brands, i.e., Transend and even SanDisk, it's about it need to be formatted to 32Kb per cluster without any further problem.

I don't know what to say then. There's a possibility that the new Kingston's may not be compatible with the camera.

Maybe @Pier28 can lend some help as I seem to remember they stopped using Kingston cards a while back.

Kingston had an unusually higher than normal failure rate. We switched to Transcend last year and all is well.

Back