Why do all the ebay seller say the 0805 supports up to 32gb memory cards?

Like the title says, all the sellers on ebay claim that the 0805 mini only supports memory cards up to 32gb.
The review here and the comparison table shows that it can go up to 128gb.

Are these knockoffs and that's why they don't support larger cards or am I missing something?

You're not missing anything, and there's absolutely no special reason either. I'd say in my opinion it's a possibility that it's the safest capacity that the dash cam's software can support. Just imagine packing all those data in real time, in different weather conditions too. And why would you want to go for a very high capacity memory? 32 GB should be safe enough for any traveling distance (unless you plan on making longer trips that you don't really want to delete any recorded video as souvenir).

Just imagine the horror if you plan on reviewing your recorded files and you have more than hundreds of videos to check (just to pick out that very one where you almost had a close call or actually encountered the accident - knock on wood), I don't think that would be fun at all.

About knockoffs... It's inevitable. Knockoffs are everywhere. You really have to do an extensive research with not just the dash cam you're buying, but with anything and everything that you're putting your money into. Some people surely made mistake/s into acquiring knockoffs (not because they knew about it, but because they did not do an extensive research) and we should learn from their mistake/s so we don't have to go through the same ordeal that they have experienced. In short, a little step further into knowing what you're trying to get pays off in the long run.

You're not missing anything, and there's absolutely no special reason either. I'd say in my opinion it's a possibility that it's the safest capacity that the dash cam's software can support. Just imagine packing all those data in real time, in different weather conditions too. And why would you want to go for a very high capacity memory? 32 GB should be safe enough for any traveling distance (unless you plan on making longer trips that you don't really want to delete any recorded video as souvenir).

Just imagine the horror if you plan on reviewing your recorded files and you have more than hundreds of videos to check (just to pick out that very one where you almost had a close call or actually encountered the accident - knock on wood), I don't think that would be fun at all.

About knockoffs... It's inevitable. Knockoffs are everywhere. You really have to do an extensive research with not just the dash cam you're buying, but with anything and everything that you're putting your money into. Some people surely made mistake/s into acquiring knockoffs (not because they knew about it, but because they did not do an extensive research) and we should learn from their mistake/s so we don't have to go through the same ordeal that they have experienced. In short, a little step further into knowing what you're trying to get pays off in the long run.

OK, good to know they're not knockoffs.
A good reason to want to have a 64gb card is if you want to use parking mode. I'm about to install a Tpower plus battery pack into my wife's car (I already have one in mine) with a switch so she can turn on a "parking mode" when she leaves the car away from home. Having 32gb severely limits how much can be recorded. Finding the exact time of any incident is very easy since all the files have timestamps on them.

OK, good to know they're not knockoffs.
A good reason to want to have a 64gb card is if you want to use parking mode. I'm about to install a Tpower plus battery pack into my wife's car (I already have one in mine) with a switch so she can turn on a "parking mode" when she leaves the car away from home. Having 32gb severely limits how much can be recorded. Finding the exact time of any incident is very easy since all the files have timestamps on them.

Would one dash cam be enough to support Parking Mode? Since the dash cam would just record one view facing whichever direction you choose, what about the other directions not visible from the dash cam? I haven't used that mode ever since I had my Mini 0805 for that one reason alone. I could buy multiple but that requires more money, or maybe to spend on a camera that supports 360 degrees recording.

Three videos here say otherwise

That's a good website you linked here. I might upload my catch. I've saved enough videos of close calls and stupid people driving with my dash cam.

Even as a new member you can check the date of the message before posting any reply, replying to some question from a few years ago isn't really that helpful, better to spend your time on current issues

Like the title says, all the sellers on ebay claim that the 0805 mini only supports memory cards up to 32gb.
The review here and the comparison table shows that it can go up to 128gb.

Are these knockoffs and that's why they don't support larger cards or am I missing something?
It depends on which 0805 you have, I believe the earlier ones were only 32GB, Mine is Up to 128GB in both card slots. (it takes two cards)

I've been running a 256Gb Kodak for months now without any problems. :)

Attachments

• Kodak 256Gb.jpg
    Kodak 256Gb.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CrzRsn Mini 0805 16
Back