Why does forum sometimes limits upload to one image at a time?

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Most of the time, I can select multiple images at once but once in a while, I get this ugly single file prompt.
It's a pain to click and upload 10 files one at a time.
What's causing it?
Thanks
One file at a time.PNG

Xenforo has 2 attachment upload options. The primary one is flash based. It allows you to upload many files at once. The other option is not flash based. A few weeks ago there was an issue with flash and Firefox gave warnings to any site using it. I turned off that uploader since it was the only flash component on the site.

Thought I ought to let you know that in the last few days I've only been able to upload one or two images at a time, then the progress bar just carries on with nothing happening, have even wandered off to make a coffee and still no more images have uploaded - BTW, they are well below the max size limit. Also the site went off-line for one evening earlier this week so couldn't post anything - looks like the gremlins are back in the system!

Interesting. I will turn back on the Flash uploader since it appears to be a better solution. As for the site being offline, could have been a server hick-up.

I like the multi-upload. :)

Interesting. I will turn back on the Flash uploader since it appears to be a better solution. As for the site being offline, could have been a server hick-up.

Cheers for the reply, the forum has been pretty reliable and the speed seems to be OK, it's just occasionally that it freezes up, am wondering if it's when the server or forum is backing up that the problem of slow loading occurs and I don't suppose you can do a lot about that!

I think I've figured out the problem with uploading some of the images, it's due to the fact that the Mini 0806 resolution is 2560 x 1080 whilst the forum upload limit is 1920 x 1080, so whenever I've tried uploading these images the forum just gives up. Is there any way that the forum image upload settings can be adjusted to accept wider images which can be resized to full size as is currently available to visitors viewing images?

Forum already resizes to 1920p width if you upload 2560 resolution.
Been that way for a while since my G90 screenshot uploads.

Size limit is still there though.

Back