Why does GoPro choose not have a dash cam mode?

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
GoPro must purposely choose not to have a dash cam mode. I would consider one for my electric bike if it had this mode, but since it doesn't I just buy elsewhere.

Why do you think GoPro chooses not to have this feature that all other Chinese action cams have?

estore009

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
B1W/B2W/Mini0906/DV688/B1M
Might due to battery capacity limitation?

OP
I

iDash

Reaction score
Country
United States
Might due to battery capacity limitation?
I don't think so because like all other Chinese action cams it has a similar battery capacity and can also record while being powered through the usb cable. It can't be this reason.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Yeah. maybe the gopros heat up more, or they are just aware of the risk, where as other smaller companies don't seem to have a business plan and stick to it, so they will jump at any chance to up sales.
I used my Sj6 legend for a 9 hour drive recording 1080/60 which it handled just fine in dashcam mode, but judging by other users experiences i think it was good i dident use the Sj7 star for that drive.

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
One of the "Brits" as i recall.

D

Deleted member 37895

Maybe it's because they have a no conditions warranty, where no matter what you do to your camera, they will replace it if it breaks. Used as a dashcam many of them would have the batteries swell up or explode

Nigel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Gitup F1, A129, B1W, B2W
One of the "Brits" as i recall.
No, USA: