Why doesn't my XY start recording right away when I press the button...?

xbonet

Reaction score
Country
France
Before anyone asks: Have you allowed the software to load? Yes. I have my camera set to go automatically into video mode on power up and I wait until the little red LEDs are on before I press record. Once I press record, I hear the beep and I wait to see the red LEDs flash, and then I begin doing whatever I want to record... But I'm seeing often the first few seconds of my recording "shaved off"... This last time, even 3-4 seconds have disappeared. I'm wondering if it has to do with me using scripts? I was using Waffle's script at first, edited by me, and I saw this happen at least one (perhaps more than once, but many shots are of inanimate things and therefore one can't tell). Now I've used the XY Controller through Telnet and have further configured my camera (now it's on 2560x1440), plus I'm using a script. The script loads fine, it tells me its ready, but, again, it cuts the first few seconds.
I haven't done a control before I configured the camera or ran scripts on it, so I don't know if this is just normal XY behavior or if it's due to the script... and finally if there's a way to avoid it.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Back