Why doesn't the "adjust lens distortion" tool in app work?

xbonet

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm trying to apply this tool from within the app. It's clearly available; not grayed-out or anything. But when I toggle it on, there's a preloader for a couple of seconds and it just toggles itself back off.
I've tried with several resolutions to see if it was something that couldn't be handled in 1080 (which seems unlikely) but it's just a general issue.
(To add to this info, other functions don't work: for example, lowering the video quality, also toggles off when one tries to toggle it on, etc.)
Any ideas? Has anyone had this happen? Does anyone know how to activate the lens distortion adjust?
Thanks for any help!

Hi, thanks for your reply, Tanckom! I'm assuming therefore that this is the only way to do it... If you've had experience with this, do you think it's worth it to downgrade? Or would you perhaps just recommend to record at higher resolution and then reframe to 1080 in post, or something like that?
Thanks again!

Depends on your needs. Don't know how good their correction is, so i recommend to try both ways and compare the results and find out which matches to your needs

Hi, thanks for your reply, Tanckom! I'm assuming therefore that this is the only way to do it... If you've had experience with this, do you think it's worth it to downgrade? Or would you perhaps just recommend to record at higher resolution and then reframe to 1080 in post, or something like that?
Thanks again!
I've been using a free program called Wondershare Filmora to edit the 4k60 video from my Yi 4k + . It has an action camera facility that allows resolution changes and audio denoise as well as distortion correction. It modifies your input video with only slight data loss!

Back