Why don't people who park with hazards on understand how it looks?

Rajagra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
I see a parked car indicating to pull out, the front wheels are turned out, so I stop to let him out.

Oh ... wait ... he's one of THOSE people!

well, in a way, they ARE a road hazard... at least they're warning you. yet they remembered to turn the wheels toward the curb in case the brake fails... so they have SOME sense, but not much. :rolleyes:

That crud irritates me. People drive with theirs on here if it's raining too hard which of course makes it look like they are about to change lanes right in front of you.

When it's raining so hard I can't see the tail lights of the car in front of me, I turn on my flashers. Otherwise I hardly ever use them.

they remembered to turn the wheels toward the curb in case the brake fails
I wish I could believe that was the reason they did that, as opposed to lazy parking technique.
There was a very slight incline, not enough that I would make a point of leaving the wheels turned in. But I guess it was lucky that the wheels were facing the right way, that's at least something.

yet they remembered to turn the wheels toward the curb in case the brake fails...
Only if it was the curb on the other side of the street because that's where they were pointed to. :confused:

THOSE people fill my streets, next to vacant parking spaces and sometimes blocking people who REALLY want to use them, and making traffic worse than it already is.
I once stop next to one of those idiots and asked if he wanted me to call the tow truck because if he had his hazards on then his car had probably broke down and needed to be towed away. The clueless look on his face was simply priceless! :D

Meet The Flash's evil twin, The NoFlash!
Is it any wonder road rage is on the rise. It would be so satisfying to get out and slap sense into these people.

I see a parked car indicating to pull out, the front wheels are turned out, so I stop to let him out.

Perhaps the indicators were flashing because the alarm had activated.

One of my pet hates, and I've got quite a few, is people who put their hazards on when they park on double yellow lines, as if that makes it ok!

Is it any wonder road rage is on the rise. It would be so satisfying to get out and slap sense into these people.

It would be even more satisfying if the police started to give them a ticket. Little chance of that happening though, especially as I see quite a few police men/women turning without indicating.
MIRROR - INDICATE - MANOEUVRE in that order.

Agree with all of the above. Poor indicating, or worse, lack of indication when the opposite is required really *isses me off. The corollary of the stopping for the 'flashing indicator when parked' doughnut is stopping for the 'no indicator when leaving resident driveway' doughnut: you think he must be turning off in your direction when, no, he wants to go the other way but couldn't be bothered to indicate. No matter how long or short my drive, I always seem to find myself muttering under my breadth "use your *king indicator, y'know, it's that a yellow thing on the side of your car?"

Last edited:
Things like that are the norm over here. I'm WAY pass the point of letting that behvior upset me. Now I just honk at them.

I stopped including in my videos clips of people failing to indicate. They're so many that after a while the viewers got the picture and it was starting to become a little boring. But I totally understand that you can get upset with it since over there it's the exception, not the rule.

The stupidest occasions are when they shoot themselves in the foot by not indicating. I never intentionally walk out in front of a moving vehicle. When I'm crossing a side road I try to wait until it's perfectly safe. But when there's a constant stream of traffic on the main road you have to rely on whether cars are indicating and/or slowing to tell if it's safe(ish) to cross. I look carefully before making a judgement. (Because I'm not a selfish a-hole who wants to force people to stop. I will gladly wait for someone who's turning.)
But a few times I've started to cross then a driver has slammed on the brakes and started to turn, but been forced to stop by me being in the road. If they had only indicated, I'd have waited, they'd have turned unhindered, and everyone would be happy.

Some people are just too dense to realise that they benefit when they indicate, not just other people.

Things like that are the norm over here. ... over there it's the exception, not the rule.
Well, turning without indicating is common here too. That didn't bother me in this clip. But stopping right after the turn without indicating when you (should) know there's someone behind you accelerating away from the turn is a bit 'special.'

Last edited:
Some people are just too dense to realise that they benefit when they indicate, not just other people.
Dense. Nice one. :D
My driving instructor taught me (and others) this analogy that indicators are the voice of a vehicle. I don't think it's necessary to explain what would happen if humans stopped talking.

But stopping right after the turn without indicating when you (should) know there's someone behind you accelerating away from the turn is a bit 'special.'
That's what I was referring to and over here it's as common as the rest of the non-indicating situations. The most common behavior over here is not indicating when they should and indicating when they shouldn't, which basically causes the same problems to the other road users.

The most common behavior over here is not indicating when they should and indicating when they shouldn't
1% of the drivers are using up 99% of the flashes! It's so unfair!

During my time driving this car I've already replaced the indicator's mechanism four times. The first three I bought second-hand replacements, one of them from a car that was 7 years older than the one I drive, and they all felt like they were new. You can even tell by the almost pristine surface of the stick's exterior that they had very little use.
The fourth time I decided to open it up to find out why it stops working properly (it's just a coil spring that brakes with the constant usage), so now I repair it when needed. :)

1% of the drivers are using up 99% of the flashes! It's so unfair!
Mine simply stopped flashing and would only go on solid without clicking. I had to replace the actual electrical flasherflasher/clicker unit (looks like a relay) a couple years ago on my 98 camry. Cost like $5 at the auto parts store and took 10 mind to replace, most of which was simply trying to FIND the darn thing up under the dash.

When it's raining so hard I can't see the tail lights of the car in front of me, I turn on my flashers. Otherwise I hardly ever use them.

Very common practice in FL, too. Here, it is actually illegal to drive with hazards on. Every year, as the rainy season starts, they do short news with the specific statutes. My problem with people driving with hazards on (rain or not) is that it disables the ability for that driver to signal intent. And when the hazards are on, these idiots down here still weave and out of lanes...

Here, it is actually illegal to drive with hazards on.
I think that's pretty much a universal written (and sometimes unwritten) law. The only situation when putting the hazards on while in motion is somewhat justifiable is when traffic ahead is coming to a halt or there's some obstacle on the road and you need to warn traffic coming behind you.

Back