Why is the Gitup is not as famous as Sjcam?

SueTst

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for the stupid question. I do feel that Git2 dis a quite good performance but why Gitup seems to be not so famous in the marker as Sjcam does, even thought some of the function's performance of Git2 is better than sj cam such as better audio record, external mic, better white balance, gyro and so on. (Have no offense to Sjcam users pls don't take it personally)

Mainly depends who is the first entry this market.

According to our sales, it is much better and better now, as a new brand, we are stasfied with current status.

If we released some unique action cameras in future and people like it, this will be hugely help us to build the brand.

Hi Gitup thanks for your reply. I would like to know is gitup develope team is working on the phone app? I never know that the app is so important and it is a key for consumer to choose a sport cam until some of my customer tend to choose sjcam because of the app.

Hi Gitup thanks for your reply. I would like to know is gitup develope team is working on the phone app? I never know that the app is so important and it is a key for consumer to choose a sport cam until some of my customer tend to choose sjcam because of the app.
Yes, we are working on that, will list the IOS app within one month for beta testing.
We build our own developed team, not use third part to develop APP, so take longer time than expected, sorry for the delay.

SJCAM has been around longer and had more time for market exposure, lots of fakes selling that people think are SJCAM also so maybe it looks more popular because of that, a few of their models are ok, some others are not that good, I think GitUp concentrate more on quality and will ultimately gain more success than SJCAM ever had

Sorry for the stupid question. I do feel that Git2 dis a quite good performance but why Gitup seems to be not so famous in the marker as Sjcam does, even thought some of the function's performance of Git2 is better than sj cam such as better audio record, external mic, better white balance, gyro and so on. (Have no offense to Sjcam users pls don't take it personally)
There is a post on the sjcam blog: SJ5000x gets hundreds of reviews on Youtube.com

The SJCAM SJ5000x is the competitor to the Gitup Git2, If you filter the youtube search to just include posts this month so that you can see how many are currently in use and compare it with the same search for the Git2 you get:
SJ5000x - 4220
Git2 - 4040

So the SJ5000x is a little ahead, but it has been on sale for an extra 2 months so there should be more in use, it looks like there is not much difference in how "famous" they are...

Of course SJCAM has several other cameras available, the SJ4000 gets 29500 with the same search, but it has been available for much longer so there should be far more in use, plus there are lots of fakes being used so that result does not mean much.

Jokiin is right. SJCam was the first mainstream GoPro copy and they got more exposure than anyone else. I never liked SJCam because of their hideous colors and too many fakes out there. I prefer Gitup more than SJCam. Same size as GoPro? Hellyeah. Even though I am having issue with the Git1 as dashcam... I feel that Gitup is backing their products with continuous software updates and forum support here and the RC forum. In fact, I've just ordered Git2 from GB yesterday (knowing that Git3 is coming out in few months). Gotta give credit to them for superb product and support.

Mainly depends who is the first entry this market.

According to our sales, it is much better and better now, as a new brand, we are stasfied with current status.

If we released some unique action cameras in future and people like it, this will be hugely help us to build the brand.
This will change with the large exposure on Ebay U.S.A. Do the distributors also sell on the E.U. Ebay?

I am keeping a eye on gitup for sure, and hope timing will ensure i can buy a camera down the line.
Hey K:
Godaften,
You have so many cameras already.I am sure you can afford one more!

There is a post on the sjcam blog: SJ5000x gets hundreds of reviews on Youtube.com

The SJCAM SJ5000x is the competitor to the Gitup Git2, If you filter the youtube search to just include posts this month so that you can see how many are currently in use and compare it with the same search for the Git2 you get:
SJ5000x - 4220
Git2 - 4040

So the SJ5000x is a little ahead, but it has been on sale for an extra 2 months so there should be more in use, it looks like there is not much difference in how "famous" they are...

Of course SJCAM has several other cameras available, the SJ4000 gets 29500 with the same search, but it has been available for much longer so there should be far more in use, plus there are lots of fakes being used so that result does not mean much.
But, Nigel, doesn't the sjcam 4000 double frames to get the 60 fps?

Jokiin is right. SJCam was the first mainstream GoPro copy and they got more exposure than anyone else. I never liked SJCam because of their hideous colors and too many fakes out there. I prefer Gitup more than SJCam. Same size as GoPro? Hellyeah. Even though I am having issue with the Git1 as dashcam... I feel that Gitup is backing their products with continuous software updates and forum support here and the RC forum. In fact, I've just ordered Git2 from GB yesterday (knowing that Git3 is coming out in few months). Gotta give credit to them for superb product and support.
I have original and international versions of the Yi action cam and there's been only one fw update since January. Gitup responds to customer requests for update inclusions better than anybody.

I am keeping a eye on gitup for sure, and hope timing will ensure i can buy a camera down the line.

I'm patiently waiting for the Git3, unless GB or BG come up with an exceptionally sweet deal during Black Friday sales or around Christmas.

If it happens, I'll get both. :)

If SJCam and Gitup had the advertising budget of a Gopro, they would probably be each close to household names like Gopro.

SjCam was lucky at the right moment because somebody invented the SJCam name claiming that SJ4000 cameras style were created from the start by SJCam. SJCam was just another chinese no-name, creating SJ4000 like other chinese no-name manufacturer even without a website. Somebody was thinking to make a correct SJ4000 and give it a name (SJCam) so people will know what they are buying.
Creating a brand (SJCam) over a cheap popular product and keeping the quality, followed by launching the website and then by Techmoan review, launched the SJCam into the business.

GitUp created the Git1 camera from scratch and doing it with priority for quality and great firmware, after SJCam and other chinese no-name sold a lot so market was full of GoPro „killers”.

enjoy,
Mtz

SjCam was lucky at the right moment because somebody invented the SJCam name claiming that SJ4000 cameras style were created from the start by SJCam. SJCam was just another chinese no-name, creating SJ4000 like other chinese no-name manufacturer even without a website. Somebody was thinking to make a correct SJ4000 and give it a name (SJCam) so people will know what they are buying.
Creating a brand (SJCam) over a cheap popular product and keeping the quality, followed by launching the website and then by Techmoan review, launched the SJCam into the business.

GitUp created the Git1 camera from scratch and doing it with priority for quality and great firmware, after SJCam and other chinese no-name sold a lot so market was full of GoPro „killers”.

enjoy,
Mtz
I enjoy reading about and watching the so-called Gopro killer videos on Youtube! Few of them rose to the level of equaling the higher quality of Gopro. Gitup on the other hand has been more responsive to owners needs for fw updates than most.

I'm curious though if GitUp did become as popular as the SJCam if they'd still be the same GitUp as today. I think it's a bit more manageable if your company only has 2 models to maintain and is not that popular (yet?).

I'm curious though if GitUp did become as popular as the SJCam if they'd still be the same GitUp as today. I think it's a bit more manageable if your company only has 2 models to maintain and is not that popular (yet?).

that depends I guess, two models well maintained and supported is a lot more work than having 10 models that are almost the same with very poor support

On the side note, has anyone heard of suptig action cam? Their model is SJxxxx too. Cause SJ stands for their mandarin pingyi name (mountain dog).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back