Why is there no Aukey category in the Brands section?

torx11

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is it because Aukey is not a well known brand or it is because of it a clone of another dash cam?

Possibly both. not something to worry much about, if you post any questions about uncategorised brands in the general dashcam chat section (as you have done) surely someone who knows it will see it

A brand gets it's own category when enough discussion merits that. No reflection on the brand or camera, just no point in listing 100+ brands when only a couple dozen are being discussed ;) Aukey is gaining popularity so it probably won't be long till it's listed :D

Phil

Is it because Aukey is not a well known brand or it is because of it a clone of another dash cam?

Which camera is the Aukey a clone of exactly? I own the DR-02 and while it is somewhat similar to other wedge shaped cams in design it is not a "clone". The DR-01 looks similar to other cams on the market too but if it is identical to any others I'm not yet aware of it. The SG9665GC happens to look identical to the A118 and the B40 but that doesn't make it a clone.

As for Aukey, they are a company that offers a wide range of consumer electronics products and only recently introduced a couple of dash cams. Perhaps if they continue to expand their dash cam line they will deserve their own category here on DCT.

Last edited:
Perhaps if they continue to expand their dash cam line they will deserve their own category here on DCT.

It seems they are on that path and doing well with their cams so not too long from now I think ;)

I know nothing about setting up forums and their software, and I don't want to overwork the site owner, but if there's a limit or adding bandwidth would unduly increase costs then less-used forums or obsolete cams no longer on the market could be dropped to enable new categories. This site is more a hobby or labor of love for the owner so I'm sure there is a limit to how much time he cam invest here. I think it's OK as it is done now as any cam deserving a special place will get it eventually :)

Phil

It's just another rebadged generic dash cam. If every "brand" had a forum there would be like 400 of them

just bought one of these DR01. what other rebadged generic dash cam is it from please

just bought one of these DR01. what other rebadged generic dash cam is it from please
There are a few other cameras in a similar style to the DR01, but I would not consider it to be a clone. FWIW I thought the DR01 video quality was very good. I just didn't like the mount.

Back