why is there now ads on this site?? yuk.

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
disappointed to see ads here, why have they been put here??

Attachments

• ads.jpg
    ads.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 30
I would guess it has a lot to do with site running costs, hosting, keeping things updated etc all costs time and/or money

so you actually get paid to have ads on the site do you??

so you actually get paid to have ads on the site do you??

you can earn some money from ads, it's generally not as lucrative as the estimates would make out but can certainly help toward the running costs, considering there are no site sponsors (which is often a bad thing if a site wants to remain independent) then I don't begrudge the site owner from wanting to have some way to generate some income to help offset costs, it sure beats the alternative of not being feasible to maintain the site

Or you can charge subscription fees...... want to see some whining? :)

Some of these domain valuation sites are very out of date. Some update in real time.
This is one reason the estimates vary widely. The one I posted above was in the middle of the range.
It's all essentially based on page views and other related criteria.

https://dashcamtalk.com.clearwebstats.com/

data 2.png
data1.png

I didn't even notice since I have uBlock Origin (An AdBlock Alternative)

I'm happy to unblock dashcamtalk.com though if it helps the site.

Depends on wether the advertiser paid for cpc(costs per click) or CPM(costs per mille). The latter one generates income for the site owner for example for every 1000 page views, but thats (of course) less in comparison to click action

So disabling the ad blocker would probably help a bit

Ads are only for guests. Members see no ads. Was updating the ad types to be "responsive"...hadn't touched them in 3 years and were out of date but forgot to turn them off for members on the first day.

Note that ads were in place for many years now. They generate no where near the income listed above! Don't know how they come up with that ridiculous number. Many people use adblockers and I believe Firefox even blocks ads as well.

great, its back to normal now, no more ads, sweet.

Firefox has an optional ad blocker program part that can be added. It is not automatically installed with firefox.

Back