Why is this happening?

Jack_xD

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
G1W
Hi. I always see this in some dashcam videos that the traffic lights or the brake lights are flicker. But only on some dashcams. My fake DVR-027 isnt doing this as example.

Why is this happening?

Greetings Alex :D

In Russia and a few other places, traffic lights may flash rapidly to warn that the colour is about to change.

Some new cars in some places have brake lights that flash rapidly when braking hard, to get extra attention from drivers behind.

The frequency 50/60Hz needs to be set to match the local power supply to stop the flicker, if set wrong the flicker is very noticeable

kps said:
In Russia and a few other places, traffic lights may flash rapidly to warn that the colour is about to change.

Some new cars in some places have brake lights that flash rapidly when braking hard, to get extra attention from drivers behind.
Ahh ok. Im not really sure if it was like this flashing or if it was faster. For me it look'd like much faster and was like the camera couldnt really recognize it.

jokiin said:
The frequency 50/60Hz needs to be set to match the local power supply to stop the flicker, if set wrong the flicker is very noticeable
Okay? I never saw a Hz specification on power supplys. Or better to say mine dont have one :D

Jack_xD said:
Okay? I never saw a Hz specification on power supplys. Or better to say mine dont have one :D

it's not on the power supply, will be in the video settings menu on most cams

Jea i know, but you said i must set the Hz specification in the camera menu like on the local power supply. :)

Ah ok, jea that seems legit. So i should use 50Hz if i use the camera on a Powersupply in the house. But the car didnt have 220v or 110v. A car uses 12v. So i can use what i want?!

I cant find something like that about in the InterneZ, so i need to ask this crazy questions here :D

Jack_xD said:
Ah ok, jea that seems legit. So i should use 50Hz if i use the camera on a Powersupply in the house. But the car didnt have 220v or 110v. A car uses 12v. So i can use what i want?!

I cant find something like that about in the InterneZ, so i need to ask this crazy questions here :D

you match the setting to what's used in your local power supply, then the recorded video will be in sync with things like traffic lights that are powered by the local power supply, if your power is 50Hz and you set it to 60Hz you would notice a lot of flickering from any AC powered lights that are in your recordings, street lights, neon signs etc which is very disctracting, set it the same and things are much smoother

Aaaaah, allright! Now i understand :) Thank you verry much :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Dash Cam Discussion 6
Back