Why papago dashacam is not present in this forum? I wonder why?

quite popular in Taiwan but they haven't been seen a lot outside of there, some discussion has happened before, if at any point there is more activity around their brand then it's no issue for them to have their own section created, just hasn't been too much so far

I see, thanks for the explainations. jokiin. By the way, by far is there any mode of dashcam which uses Ambarella chipset + Sony Exmor ? Thanks again.

Interesting, this brand actually available in USA from most of the retailers.
http://us.papagoinc.com/?page_id=1078

yeah they started doing business in the US last year some time, they're working on some new better product though, previous stuff was ok but not great, maybe that will get things moving for them

yeah they started doing business in the US last year some time, they're working on some new better product though, previous stuff was ok but not great, maybe that will get things moving for them
Anyway they have long road in front of them.
As for me some models look like VicoVation and some look big plus as I understand no firmware updates.

A lot of Taiwan models look similar, the styles that work there don't always suit the western market, they are working with a better development team now though so a step in the right direction

Edit: fixed the autocorrect typo

Last edited:
A lot of Taiwan models look similar, the Sykes that work there don't always suit the western market, they are working with a better development team now though so a step in the right direction
Go away competitors... )))
For two years I never seen or heard about brand in the USA to this date.

jokiin....i am sorry my english... i would like to know..and that is what i have been reckoning for...trying to find one neat dashcam which uses the american made Ambarella main chipset + Sony exmor as the cmos sensor, by far i have found that the newest papago gosafe 318 which is based on NT96655 + Sony Exmor but the shapes of it looks like it is very difficult to add a CPL for it.

You'll see some Ambarella (not made in America by the way) A7LA + Sony Exmor product in the market soon enough, there are several in development right now that I know of

they are available, how well they are represented there though I have no idea
FYI
They will be at SEMA 2014 on November 4-6 in Las Vegas.

Last edited:
You'll see some Ambarella (not made in America by the way) A7LA + Sony Exmor product in the market soon enough, there are several in development right now that I know of
Very great news, Thank you. So i think i'd need to wait a little longer. My current DOD LS400w plus is okay except it loses focus and now it is in testing in the chinese official factory in Shenzhen.China. I will still use it till ambarella kicks out with Sony exmor that will beat all of the rest all over up! :D :D

are new DashCams generally released at SEMA each year? Do you expect to see new cameras, and/or upgrades released at SEMA this year?

First time i heard of SEMA, wow, so 4-6 in DEC soon, hope by then we will have a dedicated thread in this forum to talk about it. Thanks guys!

I'm going to SEMA this year I'll re-check their latest stuff. I was not at all impressed with Popagos previous products, had substandard video quality and poor night performance. Not into the strange retro tv shaped box too

Last edited:
SEMA 2014 on November 4-6 :cool: wish soooo bad i could be there.

are new DashCams generally released at SEMA each year? Do you expect to see new cameras, and/or upgrades released at SEMA this year?
SEMA is just a trade show, not really important to the dashcam market so nothing to do with product announcements or release cycles as such

Back