Why papago dashacam is not present in this forum? I wonder why?

SEMA is just a trade show, not really important to the dashcam market so nothing to do with product announcements or release cycles as such
yes, I realize it is a trade show, but it's a trade show for automotive aftermarket parts and accessories. So since dash cams are an auto aftermarket accessory, I was wondering if the camera compamies announce new produces there? Or maybe at the Consumer Electronics Show? Or do they just release them randomly?

I went to SEMA last year, only found a few DashCam booths spotted around. I'm going to network in general and don't expect to be wowed by the limited DashCam products that will be there. Vegas is usually fun in general, any excuse to go works for me.

The April and October shows in Hong Kong are where new products are normally announced, sometimes the Taiwan show also, depends where the manufacturer is from and what importance they place on the show

The two Hong Kong shows are the twice a year "CES" of the DashCam world. April 2014 was quite the mega show. (missed the October one)

I'll try post a few photos/videos at SEMA while I'm there to give a virtual presence, so stay tuned.

Hello All,

I am glad that you have found an interest in PAPAGO! dashcams. We are trying to get our brand noticed and onto this forum. We are working on getting models and one coming out soon that will use the Sony Sensor, not sure of the exact specs on it as of yet. WE understand the design needed some tweaking and we are hoping to impress you soon! :)

Papago GPS is quite popular in Vietnam, and South East Asia countries such as Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, etc... I haven't used their dashcam yet thou because I found out about dashcamtalk :p

They also have the GoLife Extreme which use Ambarella chipset, and wifi with waterproof ... looks quite interesting as motorcycle camera, which will be awesome for Vietnam since we have zillion of motorcycle.

We have discontinued the Extreme due to market demands and costs but are in the development stage for a newer model that makes more sense for the American market. :)

Back