Why two videos?

Blueboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
JooVuu X
No matter what settings I have the camera on there are two videos of the same thing. They have the same number but one has (number)thm.mov and is small with poor resolution. The other has (number).mov and is large and good resolution.

Any ideas?
Blueboy

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to prevent the creation of these thumbnail videos or to exclude them from being displayed in RegistratorView ?

ATM there is nothing to do but delete them manual, so thats what i do as they annoy the hell out of me :D
I am hoping there will be a option in the menus to turn them off, so you can select on to aim your camera, and then turn it off for the recording sessions to follow.

During testing there was a time when they was not there, but i cant remember if the preview feature then dident work, its been a while and allso for a good part of the testing period i was plauged with wifi connection problems, so when i finally got in i dident experiment much for fear of stranding for some days with wierd settings before i was able to again connect and make changes.

I figure i computer wizz kid could quickly whip up a program that delete all .thm files on a given drive, but sadly i am not that kind of wizz kid.

If anyone is interested I can quickly create a batch file to delete the thm files and automatically run registrator, just shout and i will post it.

I would like somthing like that, it is a little bit of a bother to do it by hand on a full 64 Gb card.
Dont have to launch "RV" too, its pretty rare i open that one first for a batch job, for the most i just R click on a single file and choose open with "RV"

@kamkar1

This is a very basic batch file that can be run from Windows 7 and above

https://mega.nz/#!nkZHFJLY!4nG_Q8Hph0QPyuvtFNhuLX6oXdp1MaGihUdI_W3wyek

Download this file and save it onto you the root of your SD card . Then from windows explorer click onto your SD card drive and run the file called runme.bat

before you run the file just make sure you have a backup of all your files just in case it all goes wrong,

I have based this on the JooVuuX folder structure. "(Drive Letter):\DCIM\100MEDIA\"

If your folder path is different let me know and i will make the change for you

let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
Sweet M8 i will give it a go tomorrow after my drive, i have "just" formatted 2 of my X cameras.
So much easier to just copy that file to the SD card and then run it. :cool:

PS. can i rename the file to thmkiller.bat ? not that i have a lot of run me bat files lying around.

Sweet M8 i will give it a go tomorrow after my drive, i have "just" formatted 2 of my X cameras.
So much easier to just copy that file to the SD card and then run it. :cool:

PS. can i rename the file to thmkiller.bat ? not that i have a lot of run me bat files lying around.

Yep call it what ever you want, makes no difference. As long as you keep it with .bat extension :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D JooVuu 3