Why unnecessary for Dash Cam with Dual Cameras?

rogaworld

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
Firstscene Dash Cam
Real want to count how many memebers will choose Dash Cam with Dual Cameras?

As per our sale statistics, except China, over 80% clients choose singal camera dash cam.

Does Dual Cameras Dash Cam real unecessary?

X520 with dual cameras-03.jpg X520 with dual cameras.jpg X520 with dual cameras-01.jpg

Perhaps cost, extra hassle of fitting, impractical to fit in type of car or don't deem it necessary?

I have two as.it can help build a bigger picture of events plus if I'm parked in a car park and someone hits my car from behind I'll hopefully still get it.

More necessary with trucks though, especially those where stuff can fall off the back.

Perhaps cost, extra hassle of fitting, impractical to fit in type of car or don't deem it necessary?

I have two as.it can help build a bigger picture of events plus if I'm parked in a car park and someone hits my car from behind I'll hopefully still get it.

More necessary with trucks though, especially those where stuff can fall off the back.

In fact, at the same specification, the cost of Dual Cameras Dash Cam is not much higher than Single Camera Dash Cam, approx. USD10 only.
Perhaps the extra installation charges, but, it is available to put back camera on the rear windshield, which is very simple to install, and do it by self, like the photo....ROGA LX2S Mirror DVR with SUMSUNG OLED SCREEN-04.jpg ROGA LX2S Mirror DVR with SUMSUNG OLED SCREEN-05.jpg

My dual SG9665GC are a fair bit more expensive than one camera but I wanted full HD and decent bit rates for both.

I think the problem with dual camera systems at the moment from what I can tell is that they all compromise on something. eg. Too expensive, lack of features, video quality (usually on rear camera, sometimes both) reliability, form factor, includes battery istead of supercapacitor, etc.

Sometimes it's easier or more affordable to just pick one or two good single channel cameras as there is a lot more choice. I think the demand is there though and growing all the time.

Last edited:
I'd love a dual camera that didn't cost more than two individual cameras and had the same quality in both cameras that I could get with a single camera.

My next camera will be a dual dash cam. Someone out there has to be thinking outside of the box.

My dual cam isn't perfect but I'm glad I went for it. It didn't even cost a lot since it's now a discontinued model. Even if the rear cam is only 720p I immediately felt a lot better once I got round to installing it. I'd love to have 4 channels to be honest, 2 side view cams at the front of the car to protect against "flash for cash" type insurance scams. Even the wide angle lens on the front cam would miss that sort of thing.

Some dual cam are from single unit which means it'd record the driver and passenger and very little of what goes on behind your car. So it may be mostly useless if there's been rear accident. Dual cam of this design seems best suited for taxis and Ubers where owner or driver needs to record passengers in case of rowdy passenger or other problem.

For personal only driving, separate dual cam design or 2 single cams are still preferable. Stick one on front to record what goes on in front of your car and another on rear window for rear idiot drivers.

Real useful information, thanks to all. :)

And, some clients also worry that 2-cameras Dash Cam may not with good video performance as 1-camera Dash Cam

Actually, the technology is keeping progressing, now, 2-Cameras and 4-Cameras Dash Cam are very stable.

Like ROGA X18+, which support 1080P Front + 1080P Back Recording

ROGA X18+ DUAL CAMERAS.jpg

^^ doesn't look discreet to me. A flashy looking gold camera is asking thieves to smash window and steal it.
Well, the Gold is the most POPULAR in China :)

^^ doesn't look discreet to me. A flashy looking gold camera is asking thieves to smash window and steal it.
Dear @Genki, such as X18+, there are three models for choice - Blue/Gold/BlackX201-Blue-Gold-Black.jpg

Perhaps from a video review standpoint dual-channel is better, I don't know. But from a reliability standpoint, I would prefer to have each camera operate independently. With as often as cameras fail (batteries, sdcard write errors, overheating, etc), having a single unit record multiple channels on a single microSD makes me think that one point of failure could cause all cameras to stop recording. At least with independent cameras, there would have to be a cataclysmic event to kill all of them at the same time.

I've been using LUKAS LK-7950, 9370 and 9390 dual channel cameras that do 1080p both front and camera.
They are pricey but work great.
No issues.

I prefer two separate cameras for front/back recording. I have had issues in the past trying to retrieve rear footage with a two channel cam. That and quality back there. Rear camera quality is improving though.
I also have the ability, in parking mode, to switch the front or rear camera off independently if I am parked in front of a wall or something, I don't need that camera to run.

I guess my dream come true would be a stout main unit that is hidden, has a cable lock, cooling fins and fan and can run four remote cameras with buffered motion detecting. Would be nice if that unit had onboard memory as well as expansion slot and an auto restart and audible alarm if recording stops unexpectedly for any reason.

I prefer two separate cameras for front/back recording. I have had issues in the past trying to retrieve rear footage with a two channel cam. That and quality back there. Rear camera quality is improving though.
I also have the ability, in parking mode, to switch the front or rear camera off independently if I am parked in front of a wall or something, I don't need that camera to run.

I guess my dream come true would be a stout main unit that is hidden, has a cable lock, cooling fins and fan and can run four remote cameras with buffered motion detecting. Would be nice if that unit had onboard memory as well as expansion slot and an auto restart and audible alarm if recording stops unexpectedly for any reason.

Something like THIS ?

Perhaps from a video review standpoint dual-channel is better, I don't know. But from a reliability standpoint, I would prefer to have each camera operate independently. With as often as cameras fail (batteries, sdcard write errors, overheating, etc), having a single unit record multiple channels on a single microSD makes me think that one point of failure could cause all cameras to stop recording. At least with independent cameras, there would have to be a cataclysmic event to kill all of them at the same time.[/
Something like THIS ?
Like this-LX3S(Dual Cameras) :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Giri43 Dash Cam Discussion 0
T Dash Cam Discussion 0
G Dash Cam Discussion 0
I Dash Cam Discussion 6
B Dash Cam Discussion 6
Back