why was möbius 2 a flop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I'm wondering why möbius 2 gets hate on here? On paper it sounds more up to date and the size and shape is good.

Techmoan gives it a good review, but on here everyone seems to think it's bad?

Do you think techmoan was paid to say it's a good camera then?

Do you think techmoan was paid to say it's a good camera then?

I don't think anyone pays him to say what he does, his reviews have affiliate links so he does earn something if you bought from the links he provides, he doesn't hide that fact though

Though others disagree, I do not see Techmoan as being very good with dashcams. He's given good ratings to some that have serious issues and glossed over some that are pretty darn good. I kind of think he doesn't spend as much time or thought on them as many of us here do :rolleyes:

On the M2 you can read about it's problems in it's forum here on DCT. The potential seems to have been there for greatness but it wasn't given the attention it needed to reach that point. There are several problems which were left unresolved and the end result is that the M2 is a step backwards from the M1 instead of being a step forward :(

Phil

Though others disagree, I do not see Techmoan as being very good with dashcams. He's given good ratings to some that have serious issues and glossed over some that are pretty darn good. I kind of think he doesn't spend as much time or thought on them as many of us here do :rolleyes:

Phil
I agree with you

you often hear in his reviews where he mentions that something isn't great, but it's not a feature he uses, not that important to him etc, people tend to overlook those comments sometimes, read between the lines and he's not that harsh on some products that probably deserve more of a spanking than they get

On the M2 you can read about it's problems in it's forum here on DCT. The potential seems to have been there for greatness but it wasn't given the attention it needed to reach that point. There are several problems which were left unresolved and the end result is that the M2 is a step backwards from the M1 instead of being a step forward :(

Phil

I think it got a lot of attention initially but I think they bit off more than they could chew with trying to compile their own firmware, although it may not have offered everything they would have liked I think they could have still turned it into a decent product if they went back to the chipset manufacturers SDK instead of trying to go it alone, a shame as it cost them dearly to stick it out as they did

Thats the problem reviewing stuff, i know i myself would have to fight hard to tell it how it is, and do so in a productive manner for both the general public and who ever supplied the product.
This are the main reason why i do not do reviews as such, also if i was to do that and do it regularly i would be constantly pushing myself to do better and better and so i am afraid my videos will be longer and longer, and the material i would have to supply would mean that my free 50 Gb at MEGA.nz would not be able to keep up for more than a few reviews.

I think Techmoan is for the most part spot on with his reviews, but saying that he is one out of a sea of people that review dash cams. case and point. when he reviewed the A119 he was somewhat critical about how the GPS module fit on the dash cam and pointed that it was a point of fail.

and look at it now, it's probly the number one issue with the A119x cams and a point of issue for a lot of people that use the GPS.

I look at a lot of reviews and try to get a wide look at things. for the most part I get a good sense of what to expect.

Ok so I'm wondering why möbius 2 gets hate on here? On paper it sounds more up to date and the size and shape is good.

@Insignia_elite do you want to try mine?

Let's be clear, Techmoan's review of the M2 is hardly glowing if you pay close attention to what he is saying. He says, "The Mobius 2 has been available months, but still performed like a beta product until the recently". Then he goes on to say, "It's finally 'worth a shot'. Those are not the words one would choose to offer high praise. The original Mobius offerings and Matt's input into the M1 were in many ways what gave him a "start" in making his blog so popular and at least to me his review of the Mobius 2 comes across as someone stretching to be as positive about the camera as he can muster. In the end he even goes so far as to call it the "best mini camera of it's type" which is a blatant lie by any stretch of the imagination. I lost a lot of respect for Techmoan over this review.

don't be too harsh, and by the way the links to purchase are below this video, make of that what you will

not the first camera he has helped find a place in the market that hasn't panned out for the end users, K1, DDPai, 0806 etc have had some underwhelmed users also

Just watched Techmoan's video for the first time. Sure the M2 can do 1080p60 and run for longer on the battery. Shame he didn't run the M2 side by side with his M1 and actually compare the results. There are very few occasions where my M2 has outperformed my M1 throughout all the times I have tested them together. So much so that I'm looking at buying another M1 to replace my M2. Might wait for the F1 though.

I meant his review style was 'don't be too harsh, and here's the link to buy' wasn't referring to your comments (in case that wasn't clear)

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying. I thought you meant my comments about Matt's less than wholehearted, somewhat ambiguous endorsement.

M2 did had some problems for its image quality IQ adjust,anyway,we are glad to hear that they just released newer software already to 2.10.3 already!

Just watched Techmoan's video for the first time. Sure the M2 can do 1080p60 and run for longer on the battery. Shame he didn't run the M2 side by side with his M1 and actually compare the results. There are very few occasions where my M2 has outperformed my M1 throughout all the times I have tested them together. So much so that I'm looking at buying another M1 to replace my M2. Might wait for the F1 though.
According to M2 specification,its M2 should run for longer time than M1,is something wrong for your M2?

M2 did had some problems for its image quality IQ adjust,anyway,we are glad to hear that they just released newer software already to 2.10.3 already!

The Mobius 2 configuration page is still showing v.2.08 which was released 5 months ago on April 12, 2017. Hopefully, newer firmware will fix some of the issues but to my mind leaving buyers with the impression that the camera had been abandoned for 5 months without any communication from the developer is the WRONG way to handle one's business.

Back