why was möbius 2 a flop?

Nobody seems to have anything newer, it wasn't even known about until e-store mentioned it which does seem kind of odd

Maybe we got ditched from the beta FW mailing list due to not enough feedback / participation in the project.
I have to admit i have not sent much back to peter, but then again when what i pointed out persist then there is no reason to keep pointing at that, at least that's what i think.

Mobius have never really marketed their products as dashcams, so maybe they are less inclined to act on the wishes of dashcam users. However I do get the impression that Dashmellow and others have given them thorough feedback that applies just as much to action and rc video.

They started out marketing the M2 for dashcam use, better low light performance, photos showing it being used in the car etc so I don't really see that as an excuse, I have no knowledge of the information @Dashmellow supplied but I'm sure it would have been valid for a wide variety of different usage scenarios, he had mentioned previously that he wasn't even getting responses back a lot of the time

They started out marketing the M2 for dashcam use, better low light performance, photos showing it being used in the car etc so I don't really see that as an excuse
You're right, I forgot about that

leaving buyers with the impression that the camera had been abandoned for 5 months without any communication from the developer is the WRONG way to handle one's business.

It seems to be the way to do this now I guess... Mobius is not the only one to do that.... It's been unsettling quit in JooVuu-land too.

It seems to be the way to do this now I guess... Mobius is not the only one to do that.... It's been unsettling quit in JooVuu-land too.
Too many projects for too few people.
Too many feedbacks might increase the environmental noise, now everything is being done realtime through social media. A nightmare to follow-up.
I was pretty surprised by Mobius1's firmware growth, compared to major manufacturer lack of. I can also understand not easy to do that on 3 (or 4 if you consider the 808@16) cameras + developing new hardware.

I was pretty surprised by Mobius1's firmware growth, compared to major manufacturer lack of. I can also understand not easy to do that on 3 (or 4 if you consider the 808@16) cameras + developing new hardware.

don't know about the 808 series but the Mobius 1 hasn't had any firmware update for a year, can't have been that getting in the way of progress on the Mobius 2

Same as @TonyM saying,Mobius 2 took much time to improve image quality for H265 codec format & 1080P 60fps action camera recording,but ignore 1080p 30fps image adjustment for dashcam application.Anyway,we believe they will do it well,just give them a little more time to handle it.

don't know about the 808 series but the Mobius 1 hasn't had any firmware update for a year, can't have been that getting in the way of progress on the Mobius 2
I did read on RCG that at some point they're hoping to roll out another update for the M1. The Mobius team have also been developing the Mini which seems to be doing well. Tom has also hinted that Mobius are developing several new cameras... although not all are likely to make it to release.

I did read on RCG that at some point they're hoping to roll out another update for the M1. The Mobius team have also been developing the Mini which seems to be doing well. Tom has also hinted that Mobius are developing several new cameras... although not all are likely to make it to release.

I'm not sure how much he knows or doesn't know about what goes on, I have seen another model but it's a different form factor to any previous camera they've done, they're a bit low on resources currently so not sure how many projects they could realistically be working on right now, guess we'll find out at some point when they release something, whether that be firmware or new hardware

Same as @TonyM saying,Mobius 2 took much time to improve image quality for H265 codec format & 1080P 60fps action camera recording,but ignore 1080p 30fps image adjustment for dashcam application.Anyway,we believe they will do it well,just give them a little more time to handle it.

That may all be well true, but launcing a camera that isn't even "out of beta" is a big NONO, JooVuu had the same sort of problems with their X cam, I know, I know, the issues aren't exactly the same, but to date the X cam isn't very reliable, and I don't have a Mobius 2, but from what I read it's an ongoing pain test.

In short, suppliers shouldn't be using buyers as beta testers..... if you buy it, it should be 100% functional.

Well, that's just me.

:cautious:

In short, suppliers shouldn't be using buyers as beta testers..... if you buy it, it should be 100% functional.

Well, that's just me.

:cautious:

Me too ;) It can be made clear that more and better is coming along later (like SG is doing with their DC model) while shipping fully functional cams :D JooVuu's "X" sort of did that but wasn't fully functional at the outset and the M2 was similar. Both the latter made un-kept promises and were not diligent in making the cams do what was promised :( Some of us do not mind doing a bit of Beta work with a new cam but that should be limited to tweaking minor details, not sorting out the primary functions.

A cheap piece of crap cam which works reliably and does what you expect of it is better than a "word-beater" design which cannot be relied on to do what is expected :rolleyes:

Phil

I suspect that an updated firmware for Mobius 2 that worked like it should would increase sales.

I could be wrong. It is possible that to many have permanently written the M2 off as unusable.
That could mean if firmware was developed to make it not just great but actually fantastic no one trusts M2 at this point.

Back