Why won't PC recognize my A119 V3 micro sd card?

darkice81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, hoping someone has some insight on this issue. I'm currently using THIS card with my new A119 V3 and it's working great so far. I formatted the card in the camera using the tool in the cam menu. However, when I take the card out of the cam and insert it into the full-size SD adapter that came with the card (which is then inserted into an SD to USB adapter; see pic of setup HERE) and plug it into my Windows 10 PC, my computer can't recognize it. I get the message "Please insert a disk into USB Drive (G: )." So to view any of my videos, I've had to take the cam out of my car and connect it to my PC using the cable that came with the camera. Weirdly if I plug the micro/SD adapter setup into my chromebook, it recognizes the card and I can view the videos using VLC app.

Is this normal...? Thank you!

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT @darkice81 :)
If you're getting success with the chromebook then the card should be OK. My old laptop has become picky about which card adapters I use, and those do seem to wear out given enough use. I'd try other card adapters first, and if you find one which functions reliably mark it and set it aside for dashcam use only to reduce wear. The Samsung stuff has proven to be best for me, but I have had one card adapter from them which didn't work out-of-the box among maybe a dozen of their card's I've had so anything is possible.

Phil

I've found some card adapters connect with multiple Windows ID letters that can confuse Windows.

I always take the whole cam indoors and connect it via USB. I hate trying to take out a tiny microSD in the car as they can ping anywhere.

Have you tried the provided micro SD card reader that came with the viofo camera ?

Thanks all! I wish I could try just the micro SD --> SD reader that came with the card but my computer doesn't have an SD card slot to insert that into. Needs to be USB. I'm assuming that the Rosewill SD card to USB adapter in the pic is the failure point. It's very old (prob 10+ years at this point, got it for an old digital camera ages ago that used a full sized SD card), so I'm going to try getting a new adapter and will see what happens.

When you insert the adapter how many Windows drive letters pop up ?

That's my theory gone then :)

If the adapter is very old then it might only be compatible with standard SD cards rather than all the other formats that are available these days?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M A119 V3 52
Back