Why you need to drive slowly through school zones

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Why you need to drive slowly through school zones.

Last edited:
couldn't tell since you blurred the faces (which is appropriate) but it almost seemed like he was looking right at you then waited till it was almost too late to step out.

couldn't tell since you blurred the faces (which is appropriate) but it almost seemed like he was looking right at you then waited till it was almost too late to step out.

That's what I thought too. And that was a king size lunch box he was carrying. :)

no he wasn't even looking, he was looking over the road and just walking

Here school zones are allways 40 km/h and some times even slower, and its only fair i think.

Often here you will allso see the 40 km/h limits are only on in the morning and in the afternoon when the kids go to and from school, and i think that too is pretty cool so the rest of the day we drivers can pass buy doing 50 km/h and still be vigilant as it is after all a school area.

Near me, the zone is 20 MPH (32 KPH) during morning and afternoon time when kids are coming or leaving. Otherwise it is 25 (40)

I see people going by faster all the time and I do see on occasions police hiding nearby waiting for people who thinks getting to work on time is more important than kids' safety.

Directly in front of the school, ok. But the "for the safety of our children" groups have gone way overboard down here. School zones exist blocks from the school. In my day, that's what patrol guards, parents, and common sense were for. Now, it seems if you're within 1/2 mi of a school traffic MUST come to a crawl (with heavy points and fines if not). I have kids, I want them safe. But I also think it can be taken a bit too far.

getting to work on time

Ppl wil use this or similar excuses a lot, and really the fix is easy, " get your fat lazy ass out of bed earlier"

Its like the stupid Japanese JIT manufacturing scheme is spreading to everyday life, and JIT is just about as stupid as it get.

Actually my old employer wanted to eliminate the large inventory of spare parts for the transmissions they made, when really that inventory and fast replacement parts / order making was what was keeping the company in business and their prices high ( as prizes is on everything produced in Denmark )

Some times i really dont get those supposedly well educated corporate leaders that take in huge paychecks, and when it all come down to it they are no smarter than me.

O and BTW i am going to my old employer to tell him that after the summer break as it have been nagging the hell out of me since i was fired / got sick by the old and now fired day to day leader of the factory.
But i will off course go strait to the owner of the company and tell him what i feel like i need to tell him to get this off my mind, and then all in regard to that company i will be carrying into the future is the whole series of axles i ruined and cost the company like 50-60.000 kr :oops: that was a huge personal embarrassment, actually the largest one i have from all the time i have been working.

Back