Wi-Fi Android App problems

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone tried the F1 Android App? I am having a hard time connecting to the camera (on both bands)

Disable mobile data might make connection better.

I could not connect either if I have my phones SIM card in place but after I removed it then it would connect.

if you don't want to muck about taking the card out turn airplane mode on then turn wifi on and you'll be able to access

the reason some phones have problems with this is they see the wifi connection no problem, when they don't find internet access they drop back to cellular for any data flow

Ok, so after many tries, I got connection just to be disappointed by functionality. Most features are not working, the settings are not synced, cannot view recorded footage and other links on the front page lead to nowhere... Completely useless!
I thought it cannot get any worse than @JooVuu App but it seems like @gitup is even less competent in mobile development.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the other GitUp App has a whopping two stars rating.

Ok, so after many tries, I got connection just to be disappointed by functionality. Most features are not working, the settings are not synced, cannot view recorded footage and other links on the front page lead to nowhere... Completely useless!
I thought it cannot get any worse than @JooVuu App but it seems like @gitup is even less competent in mobile development.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the other GitUp App has a whopping two stars rating.

Generally speaking we have a 90% success rate for WiFi connections. It's not as easy as you think.

that's a massive understatement, wifi on cameras is a nightmare

You will never achieve 100% especially on android as there are over 14,000 variations of android. iOS is easier but still the nuances of swift/objective-c means you will never achieve 100%.

Try the beta of the new app linked to in post #2, as far as I could see it had all features, modes and settings, plus access to recorded photos and videos, although the 4K videos were a bit slow over wifi! Worked perfectly for me...

Try the beta of the new app linked to in post #2, as far as I could see it had all features, modes and settings, plus access to recorded photos and videos, although the 4K videos were a bit slow over wifi! Worked perfectly for me...

that's one of those challenges, it can work perfectly for you but someone with different phone or different OS version will have grief with it, it's very hard to get it working for everyone unfortunately

I could not connect either if I have my phones SIM card in place but after I removed it then it would connect.
Gitup released beta APP for Android https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=38686807&postcount=267 if that helps.
Tried the beta app mentioned in the post above and I can say that it is 100% improvement. The settings sync and work and the camera stays connected. The two links from the apps page still result in 404 but all I care about at this point is live view and settings.
This is on an old tablet with Android 5.0 (I don't generally install apps from unknown sources on my primary phone)
Once this is released officially, I can retest on Android 8.0.
Good job @gitup !

P.S. I wished somebody from @gitup communicated that 1.0 app was beta (more like alpha)

Nice! Yeah, WiFi products take quite a bit of extra effort to get right.
I understand that. For a small inexperienced team it can be difficult.
What is inexcusable is when they put out a product (hardware or software) pretending that it is ready, when in fact major pieces are still under development. There is actually nothing wrong with beta release as long as everyone knows what they're getting.
Unfortunately, dash cam manufacturers are notorious in over promising and under delivering. At least in this case, the camera seems to be working.

For the bata version, due to the app is compatible with Git2, G3 and F1, will take us more time for testing.
Thanks for your feedback.

Also for F1 on Android, we also implement a P2P Wi-Fi connection solution, so use can use cellular data.

For the bata version, due to the app is compatible with Git2, G3 and F1, will take us more time for testing.

Also for F1 on Android, we also implement a P2P Wi-Fi connection solution, so use can use cellular data.

Nice !

Back