karim174

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware U1000
What do these figures mean and how does it affect the battery on parking mode? The user manual does not clarify its figures

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200403-192303_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-192303_Office.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
5ghz is quicker than 2.4ghz as i believe it's less congested (im not IT though). I've had a few people with iphones that the videos won't stream smoothly on 2.4ghz, asked them to switch to 5ghz its then fine. Apart from that i don't think there's much in it. Most home or work wifi is dual band these days so shouldn't make much difference there but the odd older one may be 2.4ghz only so then it wouldn't connect to it.

5GHz has a much higher bandwidth, meaning it can transfer data much faster than 2.4GHz.

Higher frequencies have shorter range than lower ones, so you won't be able to be as far away from the camera when accessing it but it's still plenty enough range.

The 5GHz band has less devices operating on it, so you'll have less interference than 2.4GHz.

The only reason to not use 5GHz is if your phone doesn't support it.

5GHz has a much higher bandwidth, meaning it can transfer data much faster than 2.4GHz.

Higher frequencies have shorter range than lower ones, so you won't be able to be as far away from the camera when accessing it but it's still plenty enough range.

The 5GHz band has less devices operating on it, so you'll have less interference than 2.4GHz.

The only reason to not use 5GHz is if your phone doesn't support it.
Thanks, couldn't be any clearer

Back