Wi-fi problem since R16.2 update.....

BJB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but since the 16.2 update I haven't been able to connect wifi my phone, or tablet. I've never had any issues before, but now just buffers even though everything says connected ( to 412GW, No internet ... also 412GW says device connected )
I did notice that some of the settings had been changed, and thought it may have been those (location, time zone)
Surely I don't need to do reset, as all seems to be working ok and supposedly connected.
Is there a setting I've missed? Thanks

Is it possibly linked with the update being hi resolutions, and the device's not being able to read them in 1440p . ? If so , will 1080 work ....

The dash cam would have always recorded in 1440p unless you had set it to otherwise.

The 412GW has Hi and Lo res files with the Lo being only for wi-Fi transfer.

What phone do you have? The latest Samsung phones use a cool feature where if no internet if detected they flip, without you knowing to 4G. That of course stops this dash cam/app from working.

Last edited:
Samsung S6 phone , also Galaxy tab A (2016)

The update that was listed when connected to the computer was R16.2, which I assumed was recommended. After doing that, I think ?? It appears to only show Hi res. Maybe I'm wrong then.

Thanks Tiffany
Checking on my computer, it only shows Hi resolutions on R16.2. !
Are you saying it should be both, if so, is it my unit, or an update issue?

No - no issue with firmware, this means you have turned off dual files.

Please turn this back on in the menu, when you record more files they will have both hi and lo counterparts, the lo being for Wi-Fi to make it a better experience.

Reactions: BJB
Got it, many thanks.
It was automatically turned off, and wasn't aware of the option. This is why I asked originally if I was missing something. Many thanks

What phone do you have? The latest Samsung phones use a cool feature where if no internet if detected they flip, without you knowing to 4G.
They have been doing that for several years Tiffany. I had the same problem until I found out about it.

My HTC m9 does this also, but it's a setting I can turn off.

I could be off piste though as the exact setting is 'use mobile data when no wifi is available' and it's an auto silent switch between the 2

That's the one K. It has come under several different names, but that name is good as it explains exactly what happens. No internet wiFi = Switch to mobile data.

That's the one K. It has come under several different names, but that name is good as it explains exactly what happens. No internet wiFi = Switch to mobile data.

I think the bit that throws people off is that in a lot of cases even when this happens the wifi symbol is still shown and looks like it's actively being used

Not on mine it doesn't. The wifi symbol changes to 4G, H, or whatever strength it's getting.

Whilst it's all Android each manufacturer plays with it differently.

Not on mine it doesn't. The wifi symbol changes to 4G, H, or whatever strength it's getting.

Whilst it's all Android each manufacturer plays with it differently.

yep, mine has an icon with the wifi icon that indicates wifi is there but not being used, it's not obvious what it means and plenty of handsets give no indication at all, Android is a lot messier to deal with than iOS due to the massive amount of variants in the market

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G 412GW 6
M 412GW 3
S 412GW 3
H 412GW 7
J 412GW 22
Back