WiFi 10 Min Auto Turn off grayed out

pizaul

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, new to the dashcam game. Loving this camera so far! Have it set up nicely with PMP. However the one thing I can't figure out quite yet.. My dash cam wifi is not turning off after 10 min as it should. In the settings under "wifi settings" the WiFi auto run is enabled but grayed out (I can't toggle off) and the "WiFi 10 min auto turn off" is disabled and grayed out as well so I cannot turn it on. What's up with that? As of now my phone will connect to my camera in my turned off car if I turn my iPhone's wireless off and on and I am near the driveway. Also when I get into my car in the morning I rather have wireless off on the camera and I would like to control it with the physical button on the cam, but since that setting is grayed out I can't do that either. I'm sure it broadcasting the signal is adding unnecessary drain. Suggestions? I do have the latest firmware.

It is greyed out because you have "Cloud" turned on. Under the firmware settings, turn off Cloud (if you're not using it) and then those WiFi options will be available. The reason for this is the Cloud needs WiFi always on, so if you switch on Cloud, BV assumes your WiFi needs to always be on.

Back