WiFi App for A129?

krole

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just curious, any news for an official WiFi app for the A129? Will it only be able to view\download files or will it be able manage dashcam settings as well? Or will you have to use 3rd party apps to view dashcam footage?

Last edited:
Hi,
I want to know how the app is functioning in this case: can I download the entire 3 minutes file (browsing trough the files and select them) via WiFi or it's only recording from displayed video in app?
Can I download the original recorded files via WiFi or for that I need the old method, to extract the SD Card and copy them via adapter?

It support download all the files in the SD card via Wi-Fi.
Is there a way to export the video file to a web service? I was hoping to use WiFi as a means to copy video files to my web server.

Also, can the A129 firmware be updated via the app?

Is there a way to export the video file to a web service? I was hoping to use WiFi as a means to copy video files to my web server.

Also, can the A129 firmware be updated via the app?
The files are available via http, you will need to do a little work to parse the file list to extract the links from the home page before downloading the individual files, but not too difficult for a script.

Personally I would rather update the firmware via the more reliable memory card, it's not something you are going to do often.

It support download all the files in the SD card via Wi-Fi.

Is it possible to enable download of video files without stopping recording? Or have a way I can download videos without that annoying beep. Having to sit and listen to beeping for 5min while downloading a video is pretty annoying.

Is it possible to enable download of video files without stopping recording? Or have a way I can download videos without that annoying beep. Having to sit and listen to beeping for 5min while downloading a video is pretty annoying.
Can support download of video files without stopping recording only on computer, like connect it with computer and access the URL http://192.168.1.254. But the download speed will be very low.
So it doesn't make sensor to implement such feature on APP.

We will disable the beep while playback on APP.

Can support download of video files without stopping recording only on computer, like connect it with computer and access the URL http://192.168.1.254. But the download speed will be very low.
So it doesn't make sensor to implement such feature on APP.

We will disable the beep while playback on APP.

Thanks for the response.

Maybe have it function like without the app. Manually stop recording and it beeps. Then go to view files or settings and the beep stops, and automatically resume recording when you exit settings or view files.

Or when you go to view files or settings from within the app, automatically stop recording, and after exiting the file viewer or settings automatically resume recording.

Otherwise maybe make the beep an option? I could see people forgetting about recording being paused.

Not sure if I am supposed to be this annoyed...meaning "get over it"...but I love to use my phone to monkey with the settings, but once I turn off <record> the dang thing beeps incessantly. I am only assuming that the code put into place to detect a good SD card is the culprit or maybe even the need to remind everyone to always be diligent and record everything, but dangit.

I can hit the menu button on the box to quiet it down, but the whole purpose of the app is to NOT have to go to the box directly.

I understand the need for a warning of not having <record> turned on. I understand the need for a warning that the SD card is failing. I especially understand the need for <record> to be off when adjusting settings, but a small firmware change to allow me to disable the <record-off> warning would be great even if it is a popup in the app so I don't have to move my mirror to get to the box.

Thanks for the place to vent.

I recently came to know about this camera. I am currently using Transcend DP520 and wifi file transfer through its 2.4 GHz band is abysmal. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to download video file to mobile phone thought Wifi?

One additional question - when consecutive files are joined, do they play smooth or there is overlapping video?

I recently came to know about this camera. I am currently using Transcend DP520 and wifi file transfer through its 2.4 GHz band is abysmal. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to download video file to mobile phone thought Wifi?
Speed depends on both ends of the link, so there is no definitive answer, but a rough guide is that 1 minute of full resolution video will take about 1 minute. On the A129 you should be able to get 1 minute of both front and back within a minute but a lot of people don't achieve that.

The A129 does also have 5GHz wifi, but unless you have the 4K version it doesn't seem to make much difference to download times, apparently a little faster on Android and a little slower on iPhones!

One additional question - when consecutive files are joined, do they play smooth or there is overlapping video?
No overlap, no missing frames - no wasted space :)

No overlap, no missing frames.
Cool thanks. I think I am getting this camera. My current cam has 1s overlapping video. It is not difficult to strip 1s in premiere, but that 1s offsets google map trace that I generate from Dashcam viewer.

Back