Wifi auto turn on.

Indian

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Why does my phone connect to my dashcam every time I get into the car? I dont want this feature but the tun on/off feature is disabled.

wifi.JPG

in your phone's wifi settings you have two options. One is to "forget this network" and the second one is "auto-join". Try it and see what happens.

But the point is that it seems that the OP's 750's WiFi is auto switching on, so your solution, at best, is a fudge around and will not help finding what the real problem is.:ROFLMAO:
OP needs to find out why his 750's WiFi is auto switching on as per his first post.

But Indian's WiFi Auto On and Auto Off are already both shown as Off. So perhaps toggle them On then Off again and see what happens.
Or is it actually the cloud service that is starting his WiFi (I am not interested in cloud so have never switched it on)? If so, and if Indian needs the cloud service, then the comment by EGS is the one to go for to prevent auto connection to his phone. And if Indian needs the cloud service, how does it connect to the server if not through his phone?

All I can add is that neither of my 760S 2CH's switch on WiFi unless I use the button to do it manually. And as they are OFF, obviously, my phone does not auto connect.

Back