WiFi cam with good Android app

uscpsycho

Reaction score
Country
United States
I noticed a number of dashcams now have WiFi, which sounds like a great feature if it's implemented well. But looking at what's available on Amazon it doesn't look like any work well. Especially since they all seem to rely on third party apps which is the weakest link.

I'd like one that constantly records to an SD card like a regular dashcam but then lets me review the videos on my phone and select which ones I'd like to transfer to the phone. Being able to trim the video in the app would be a big plus but I doubt any will do that. The other thing I'd like is a button that will immediately transfer the currently recording file to my phone.

This camera has all the right features but only seems to have an iOS app and it sounds like it's not the best app.

Are there any cameras with the feature set I want and a solid Android app?

Thinkware F770 has almost everything you ask for.

Thinkware F770 has almost everything you ask for.
What is the name of the Android app in the Google Play Store? A WiFi camera is only as good as the mobile app.

Does the app have a way to manually transfer the current recording instantly? The camera I linked to above has a feature where you can hit a button and it will transfer a clip from shortly before you hit the button to shortly after. This is great for times when you want to save or share something that just happened. IMO this is a best feature a WiFi camera can have

Back