Wifi / Cloud Questions

DeclanM2

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I've recently installed my 750s-2ch with the Power Magic Pro. I've connected a cigarette lighter pass-through with USB to the Power Magic Pro's output, then connected a USB 4g Wifi hotspot to this power source. Effectively I'm wanting to have the dash cam connected to cloud services at all times when it's powered up, so I figured connecting it to the same power source as the PMP would ensure this.

The problem I seem to be having is when I turn my car on after it's been sitting for more than the parking time (i.e. the PMP has turned off both the dash cam and the wifi hotspot) the dash cam boots faster than the hotspot. As such when it searches for the hotspot for cloud services it isn't there and I get a "couldn't connect to cloud" warning.

It seems that the cam only searches for wifi upon startup and if it doesn't find a connection it doesn't search again. Is this right or is there a trick to this?

you could add a delay timer to the output to the camera, how long does it need though, you'll have no recording for whatever amount of time that is

you could add a delay timer to the output to the camera, how long does it need though, you'll have no recording for whatever amount of time that is

Probably no more than 30 seconds. How would I go about doing this?

Probably no more than 30 seconds. How would I go about doing this?
something like this

note: I don't know this particular product or seller but just pointing out the type of device you need to do that, there's a bunch of different ones available

Back