WiFi connection issues with rear camera plugged in.

Simcor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Tiffany. Had a little play with the rear camera when I got to work.

Tested it with the cable just running across the car before routing the cable properly when I get time to do it.

With the rear camera unplugged connecting to the camera via the cam viewer app is fine but with the rear camera connected the app just keeps refreshing and you can't do anything with it.

Picture looks good but I have noticed once it is plugged in the first time you can't select rear camera view only on the screen you can only select pip left or right or front only.

I am still on firmware 15.8 though so maybe I need the updated 17.9 firmware I think the newer ones are shipping with?

@NextBase Tiffany

Any advice on those issues Tiffany please?

I see the updated firmware will be available soon from another post so hopefully that might solve one or two of the minor niggles.

Yes I'm ever so sorry we're working on an update right now - should be available today I will post on here when I have it, the picture in picture isn't quite working as advertised on that firmware.

Thanks Tiffany, seems the update firmware has solved the WiFi connection issues with the rear camera plugged in.

Are there any plans to change the cam viewer app to allow live view of either the front or rear or at least a pip of the rear camera at all?

Also I may be losing the plot here but I thought I read on a post that you would be able to view just the rear camera on the screen of the 512GW as an option?

I would prefer to have just the rear camera showing so I can check it periodically that it is recording by just a quick glance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y 512GW 5
A 512GW 9
S 512GW 4
Back