wifi dashcam without display (or too many cables)

teus

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi all, glad to have joined this forum.
I'm looking for a dashcam under 100USD that's discreet, so it doesn't have a display. Configuration through wifi is easy and nice. Preferrably something without a million cables, or a connector where I can plug in a cable of my own choice.
So far the Xiaomi 70 minutes seems cool, since it just plugs into USB.
The JOOYFACT A1 seems cool, and a version with rearview camera is available, but it has the same stupid connector as my old dashcam.
Is there any other dashcam you people can recommend? Thanks!

Most are just a USB cable for power, the ones that is more than that is due to them having a GPS muse antenna, some models / brands put the GPS antenna in the mount in which case no wire for that.
If you like a dashcam with 2 cameras, then you automatic also get a second cable ( power and data transfer ) to route out rear to the camera there, there are no dashcams with the rear camera wifi, even so it there where it will still have to be powered by something.

In general it seem like the barrel shaped cameras and the wedge shaped are the best for making a discrete install, but it still depend on the make/model of car and the layout on the windscreen, it have become pretty popular among car makers to make ugly and annoying sensor arrays on the windscreen, right where its most optimal to put a dashcam.

If you have a power source in the back of your car, you could do with 2 single cameras, then you just have the downside of 2 cameras to retrieve memory card from, and the little spring loaded micro memory cards can be pesky, i think its safe to say many of us in here have had one launch on us one or more times, and sometimes never to be found again.

If you could tell car make/model and maybe provide a pic of the windscreen layout it will be more easy for us to tailor a RPLY for you specific need.

Back