Wifi/ downloading video

Robinsonr810

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm getting the a129 installed next week. One thing I'm not sure of is the wifi feature. I'm not sure I understand exactly what this cam is capable of. I do not have internet in my car nor do I want to use my phone as a hot spot. With That said, if I'm in an accident can I bring up the video on my phone using the regular cell data on my phone? Or would I need to turn on a hot spot so the camera can connect?

After you hit Wifi button, the dashcam will start its own access point to which you can connect via your phone. Then yes, you can view the footage through Viofo app.

After you hit Wifi button, the dashcam will start its own access point to which you can connect via your phone. Then yes, you can view the footage in your phone through Viofo app.
Okay great. So next question, if my car is at a shop or somewhere I can't see it but I want to check in on it, and it's in parking mode, can I check In on it? Or do I need to have internet in my car?

Viofo cams don't support "cloud feature" by any means, it's just a Wifi for viewing/downloading and setting purposes. The only remote access possible is limited directly by the signal strength between the dashcam's Wifi and your phone... (not to mention that the Wifi is disabled on every mode change)

A129Pro doesn't even support "StationMode" (that's what Viofo uses for "client") so you won't be able to make the cam to connect to anything (basically acts like a Wifi router without internet).

Back