wifi function?

rothman

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dash Cam
mini 0903
Hi

I just purchased the 0903 and until I get it I wonder how the wifi works.

Must you enable the wifi or is it always active? Is it possible to automaticly connect and download the movies when one get in range to a server at home?

regards Anders

It functions as a Wi-Fi host. Yo have to connect to it.
There is a setting in the menu to enable it. By default it is off.

If you update to latest FW, wifi function might not work. I haven't use wifi since day 1.

If you update to latest FW, wifi function might not work. I haven't use wifi since day 1.

Right. Although it would be nice, I don't think the manufacturer actually takes it very seriously. They don't even have their own app. Not a big priority for me...

I'm still working on get it re-focused to get my nanoQ operational

Another thing to consider for wi-fi is bandwidth. The camera would have to support at least 802.11n to be useful. Streaming 300-500MB files is no fun.
One area where it could be useful is when trying to refocus. The built-in HDMI outputs VGA only so it is hard to see fine detail.

The built-in HDMI outputs VGA only so it is hard to see fine detail.

any problem when you use the HDMI1.4 to output 1080P live image to TV?
we use the 1080P HDMI output to focus the lens in factory

any problem when you use the HDMI1.4 to output 1080P live image to TV?
we use the 1080P HDMI output to focus the lens in factory
The monitor I used has a max resolution 1600x1200. I will retest again (with my main 1080p TV) when I get the new mount. All this mounting and dismounting is hard on the plastic parts - I'm afraid it will just fall apart.

It functions as a Wi-Fi host. Yo have to connect to it.
There is a setting in the menu to enable it. By default it is off.

please keep it OFF when you don't use WiFi host,
when WiFi host is ON, the control protocol will be on APP so the buttons are set to be no workable to avoid control problem

when WiFi host is ON, the control protocol will be on APP

Hi,

Sorry for answering in old topic, but it looks like place for my questions:

1) Where I can find details about this control protocol Mr. Chan mentioned? I can't find it on website (http://www.nanodashcam.com/)
2) Does NanoQ publish some kind of web interface for controling camera?
3) Does NanoQ publish some kind of live stream to be used in Apps/viewable vie browser in camera's wifi?

Sincerly,
Piotr

he's saying when wifi is on the buttons are inactive and you need to use the app

Yes, I know. When wifi is turned on and app is connected, app take on control of camera. I would like to know, how this controls works. I don't want to use apps, I would like to manage camera over wifi by myself. So I would like to get some details about this "control protocol" that Mr. Chan mentioned.

not sure if they will share that information, you may be able to reverse engineer the app and work it out

Yeah, but it would be much less convenient than some documentation.

Maybe it is somewhere already, but I can't find it - so I decided to ask before any other actions.

I think you will have better luck with starting at the other end. Find an app that supports the camera and look for a API description of that app.

Otherwise, wireshark is your friend.

Is there any chance to reset wifi? It used to work once but now when I turn wifi on, no SSID is displayed. So I cannot connect via wifi to the camera
Tried factory reset, Hold power+up btn.
IMG_20160814_131607.jpg

As I recall there should be SSID and Pass

mine FW is 903_96655_20160620_V1.8
do not have a file with FW

Is there any chance to reset wifi? It used to work once but now when I turn wifi on, no SSID is displayed. So I cannot connect via wifi to the camera
Tried factory reset, Hold power+up btn.
View attachment 25213

As I recall there should be SSID and Pass

I've got the same message on the screen on my 0903, I've tried the factory reset without any joy.

Did the Firmware reload fix this issue and if so which firmware is the best to use? (I guess there is an idiots guide on how to reload firmware somewhere on here).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dashman1 Mini 0903 / nano Q 0
Back