Wifi interfering with BMW tyre pressure monitors

Fazza59

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed my system to my 2008 BMW R1200GS. It all works great however since fitting my tyre pressure monitors are not working. The front does not sow and the rear shows and then goes. I have been told on another forum that the Wifi is running on the same signal as the Tyre Pressure Monitors - 433Mhz. Anyone know of a work around?

The Wifi does not use 433Mhz. Is it OK with the wifi turned off?

Maybe you have installed it directly on top of the receiver for the tyre sensors?
Try moving it to another location (temporarily for the test).

I wouldn't expect the TPMS to have difficulties given the short distances needed for a bike!

The Wifi does not use 433Mhz. Is it OK with the wifi turned off?

Maybe you have installed it directly on top of the receiver for the tyre sensors?
Try moving it to another location (temporarily for the test).

I wouldn't expect the TPMS to have difficulties given the short distances needed for a bike!
So if it doesnt use 433MKhz why are you telling me to move it or turn Wifi off??? I know Innovv have had the same problem. Maybe a firmware that has Wifi off might be easier?

Might be better if you can wrap its camera cable with more RF tape! Give it a try!
Have you seen the price of RF tape.?? Think I would be cheaper to put the thing back in its box and buy an Innovv system. I will have a look at the problem by disconnecting and see what happens. I think I know what will happen

Maybe you guys should have a look at this. This is not my bike and I dont have all this crap fitted as mine is wired to the DIN socket as this is switched. The TMP unit is under the pillion seat and the rear camera wire runs by it, the module is under the rider seat in the tool compartment

Last edited:
Have you seen the price of RF tape.??
You could try some kitchen foil, for the bits that are better hidden!

The cables will be radiating some radio frequency noise that will affect the TPMS radio signals, some of the noise is digital and thus random frequencies. Moving the cables away from the TPMS receiver may help. Covering the cable with aluminium foil as it passes the TPMS receiver may also help. It is not that there is something wrong with the camera, all digital electronics radiate some noise. It is surprising that the TPMS can't cope with it, but maybe they didn't bother testing it with anything extra on the bike!

Don't some TPMS systems use 2.4ghz low energy bluetooth?

Maybe a firmware that has Wifi off might be easier?
Please give it a try after WiFi off! So we can get more clues to figure out why it interference happens, thank you!
Have you seen the price of RF tape.?? Think I would be cheaper to put the thing back in its box and buy an Innovv system
Of course, it is your right to send it back for a full refund! We respect it!

Don't some TPMS systems use 2.4ghz low energy bluetooth?
I've not seen one that uses Bluetooth for the tire sensors, but if it does then it is not a problem, Bluetooth is designed for many devices to be able to talk on the same frequency and also to cooperate with wifi transmissions.

This will be a general radio frequency noise problem, with the noise interfering with the bike electronics, not a problem with the actual transmissions. The bike electronics should be built to cope with a bit of noise, but some systems are not as robust as they should be. If both Innov and Blueskysea cameras can cause issues then the bike is probably more to blame than the cameras. Of course it is easier to improve the camera than the bike, but better cables with more shielding increase cost. Repositioning of cables and components is the easiest solution if it works.

You could try some kitchen foil, for the bits that are better hidden!

The cables will be radiating some radio frequency noise that will affect the TPMS radio signals, some of the noise is digital and thus random frequencies. Moving the cables away from the TPMS receiver may help. Covering the cable with aluminium foil as it passes the TPMS receiver may also help. It is not that there is something wrong with the camera, all digital electronics radiate some noise. It is surprising that the TPMS can't cope with it, but maybe they didn't bother testing it with anything extra on the bike!
Thanks you could have an idea.. Will give this a go. Problem is at the minute is getting the bike out of the garage

I've not seen one that uses Bluetooth for the tire sensors, but if it does then it is not a problem, Bluetooth is designed for many devices to be able to talk on the same frequency and also to cooperate with wifi transmissions.

This will be a general radio frequency noise problem, with the noise interfering with the bike electronics, not a problem with the actual transmissions. The bike electronics should be built to cope with a bit of noise, but some systems are not as robust as they should be. If both Innov and Blueskysea cameras can cause issues then the bike is probably more to blame than the cameras. Of course it is easier to improve the camera than the bike, but better cables with more shielding increase cost. Repositioning of cables and components is the easiest solution if it wor
Don't disagree that the unit on the bike should be more robust but then again so should the shielding on the cables. Don't forget this is an accessory, if it causes problems people will look for other solutions or products to fulfil their needs. Overall the camera system is good, just need to find a solution

Last edited:
Please give it a try after WiFi off! So we can get more clues to figure out why it interference happens, thank you!

Of course, it is your right to send it back for a full refund! We respect it!
Don't want to send it back, want to sort the problem. Will let you know what happens once I have been able to take it for a run

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S B1M 10
Back