WIFI issue, playback and WIFI lock

Michael J

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just got my new unit and immediately upgraded to firmware version 15 just now.
Went thru setup. Couple issues:
1) when I use my Android WIFI app on my Samsung Note 4, I click on Continuous section to playback videos..I select a video, circle spins but never plays any of the videos. On the right side where its supposed to say how long the video is..for example 1 minute 45 seconds, it reads 0:00 and then immediately jumps back to the list.
When I play it thru the laptop with Thinkware desktop software, no problems.

2) I have to keep hitting the WIFI button on the unit everytime I want to use the android app..is that normal? How do you leave WIFI on all the time? I have to click on WIFI on unit then I have to go into my Android and rescan.. then it sees it, then I have to lock onto it again..

1) I have managed to play videos using the mobile app but it is slow. I'm not sure why yours completely fails.
2) Wifi will automatically disconnect after the mobile app has not been connected and used for a while. Then it will automatically turn off after another timeout. So yes you need to turn on wifi and connect every time you want to use the mobile app.
I only use the mobile app for checks and quick changes. When I want to view the recordings I just remove the SD card and take it to my PC. Maybe other dashcams are more wifi/mobile app friendly.

what version of Firmware are you on?

would the 128k gig card have anything to do with WIFI playback of a recorded video? When I pull the card out and take it to the computer, no issues

Back