Wifi issues

alarum_78

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just got my 129Pro installed (running the 0924) firmware. The camera locks up connecting to wifi with the GPS module connected. I believe there was another post like this with the older A129DUO model. My rear cam is not connected yet.

Having same issue on latest firmware.

While were on the subject of wifi issues, ill note mine.
This on FW 0924 with latest viofo app.

Can confirm the camera does not auto shut off after WiFi is enabled. This is by both the gps mount and the side port. Without even launching the viofo app

Dont know if its meant to be like this, it shouldnt be. It should have a timeout algorithm if it doesnt detect input from the viofo app IMO.

I can also confirm that once viofo app is launched it doesnt have any problems UNTIL you go into the settings menu. Once you access the settings menu and subsequently try to change something, the camera freezes and becomes unresponsive even to the buttons on the unit. This happens even when you save your settings and it displays "success". The only way to go around this is to remove power supply. The app also becomes unresponsive and doesnt detect live footage until the camera is disconnected from power supply and reboots. Once it reboots it reboots back to the old settings and not the new ones that you "successfully changed".

This might be a bit of a placeabo but Ive also found that the camera has an easier time connecting to the camera/viewing live footage by not being on your home wifi network. I have less problems connecting to the camera through the LTE signal on my phone then when im home on my wifi network. This is funny because i have a similar problem with my smart thermostat at home. It has trouble setting up with my phone unless i turn OFF mobile data (LTE) on my phone and just connect via WiFi. Can anyone else confirm this?

While were on the subject of wifi issues, ill note mine.
This on FW 0924 with latest viofo app.

I'm having the same issue. The WiFi connection and implementation is inconsistent. The camera I'm using is on firmware 1.0.

Sad to confirm that I'm experiencing the wifi issues if GPS is enabled.

I'm having the same issue. The WiFi connection and implementation is inconsistent. The camera I'm using is on firmware 1.0.

Sad to confirm that I'm experiencing the wifi issues if GPS is enabled.

This is something Viofo will fix with firmware yeah?

This is something Viofo will fix with firmware yeah?
Most likely via a fw update yes, but you have to wait for it and check back regularly like I mentioned in the other thread.

Although once the camera is set and forget you will problably not ever use wifi again unless you need to post a funny clip or need evidence. In this stage as we are Guinea pigging all the best camera settings, we need to find our best picture and that's difficult to do with spotty WiFi connectivity even though it is pretty much advertised on the box as ready for use

One of our customers was provided a private firmware from Viofo which resolved the issue. I'm assuming this will be made public very soon.

I just went out in the cold to upgrade to V1.0, you want me to go out again to put on V1.1 :):):)

I am currently on firmware V1.1 (20191015) and I can't seem to get any live video mirroring on the iOS app, it is just black/blank when connected. I am connecting thru 5ghz wifi. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Anyone else having this issue?

I am currently on firmware V1.1 (20191015) and I can't seem to get any live video mirroring on the iOS app, it is just black/blank when connected. I am connecting thru 5ghz wifi. Everything else seems to be working just fine. Anyone else having this issue?
No idea what happened to yours but maybe try restore default settings / reset?

i am using ios as well. Bought recently n came with v1.1 by default. So far so good. No issue with connecting 5ghz wifi.

No problems for me after updating to v1.1. All working perfectly. Make sure you do a hard reset after updating to clear out any remaining old firmware values.

The hard reset didn't fix the issue. There is a workaround tho, live view works when I have the phone on airplane mode. I wonder if this is a hardware or a iOS app issue? I saw this posted on the A129 forum from people with the same issue.

The hard reset didn't fix the issue. There is a workaround tho, live view works when I have the phone on airplane mode. I wonder if this is a hardware or a iOS app issue? I saw this posted on the A129 forum from people with the same issue.

Your issue sounds like the Viofo app trying to connect using mobile data instead of WiFi. On Android, the Viofo app installed a VPN profile, that the app claimed to be able to use the app over WiFi and get your mobile online at the same time. Does live view work if you turned off mobile data?

Live view works on airplane mode so I believe it should work with mobile data off.

Live view works on airplane mode so I believe it should work with mobile data off.
That’s weird, my mobile data is still running while connected to the dashcam.
I wonder could it be due to different phone models which reacted differently to the apps (although in the same version ios)?

Thinking my unit may be defective.. since no one else is having this issue.

Back