Wifi issues

The hard reset didn't fix the issue. There is a workaround tho, live view works when I have the phone on airplane mode. I wonder if this is a hardware or a iOS app issue? I saw this posted on the A129 forum from people with the same issue.
Do you use iPhone, which model and software version, this should be the APP issue related with iPhone, not the camera issue.

Do you use iPhone, which model and software version, this should be the APP issue related with iPhone, not the camera issue.
I'm using a iPhone X, iOS 13.2, Viofo app 1.9.4., Thanks for looking into this!
edit: firmware v1.1, 20191015

Last edited:
IOS updates seem to always cause havoc with stuff like this, there are a few posts on this since the past update on the fruit phones.

I have an iPhone Xs running 13.2.3 and an A129 pro that I just purchased on version 1.0 of the firmware.
WiFi locks up the VIOFO most of the time even in Airplane mode. It actually locks up less if I turn airplane mode off.
Also cannot get live view to work at all even with airplane mode on. Will try 1.1 when I get home.
Very frustrating because I really wanted to like my new toy but so far just disappointed :(

ok.. well I thought I had tried 5ghz earlier.. things work much better when I switch the WiFi frequency. Doesn’t work at all on 2.4 but I’m fine with that.

Still locks up the camera eventually but at least I have some faith now that it can be fixed with a firmware and/or app update.

Last edited:
I have an iPhone Xs running 13.2.3 and an A129 pro that I just purchased on version 1.0 of the firmware.
WiFi locks up the VIOFO most of the time even in Airplane mode. It actually locks up less if I turn airplane mode off.
Also cannot get live view to work at all even with airplane mode on. Will try 1.1 when I get home.
Very frustrating because I really wanted to like my new toy but so far just disappointed :(

ok.. well I thought I had tried 5ghz earlier.. things work much better when I switch the WiFi frequency. Doesn’t work at all on 2.4 but I’m fine with that.

Still locks up the camera eventually but at least I have some faith now that it can be fixed with a firmware and/or app update.
V1.1 was released some time ago to address the wifi issue.

Back