kamkar76

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, I bought a DOD RC500S (2CH) a little while ago online. I am having quite a few issues with it. This is the first dash cam I've ever bought.

-CAMERAS WIFI. There is a button to turn the WIFI on, on the Camera. When you press the button, it goes 'beep' but nothing happens....I know it's weird & unreliable.

-MEMORY CARD. The Manufacturer states on the box that it requires a Micro SDHC/SDXC Class10 (up to 128Gb), and that it also must be in FAT32 format. The camera came with a 16Gb Card, which will only give me about 2.5 Hours of recording time, which isn't enough especially as it’s a dual cam....I'm unable to transfer files to the computer from the camera with the 128Gb card which is in FAT32 format ( I've tried to do it on two different computers-). One has Windows 7 & the other has Windows 10. The memory card I'm currently using is a Verbatim 128Gb Premium MicroSDXC Card.

I can successfully transfer files using the 16Gb Card which the manufacturer provided (when the WIFI is working). I'm thinking that this 128Gb card is incompatible. Can anyone recommend a 128Gb Card that works with this Camera? Would it be an idea to try a 64Gb Card?

-INSTRUCTION MANUAL. I’ve found a manual online, which doesn’t go into as much depth as I had hoped. I had to go online, as the manufacturer failed to supply one with the product.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?? Cheers. FRUSTRATED

The sd card must be formatted in the DOD
Or you do it on the PC but in exFAT format but the dashcam does it better for you
128GB is too large for FAT32
You press the wifi button and then a white light comes on on the dashcam and then you can connect with the wifi with the wifi channel DOD in your mobile and then with the DOD Cam app make contact with your dashcam
I use a Samsung 128GB U3 sd card myself

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C DOD RC500S 1