WIFI mod Long Range

Matt_V939

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Dash Cam
Mobius1&Mini,A118C+A119V2,(Fake)DODL500, YI,GP3,One X,Go
I am not the author, just found out this video on my subscribed yt chanells, somebody might be interested (i did the opposite mod on my Yi, to avoid wifi noise ...)

In the US it is a Federal crime to alter any part of a non-licensed radio transmission system from the manufacturer's approved design ;) This includes the common practice of adding high-gain antennas to routers and connected devices. WiFi has limited channels and limited power levels designed in to reduce interference between devices and users, so if a lot of people alter their devices then the whole system will become even more distance-limited than it is now :eek:

And that is exactly where things are going since enforcement of the law in this area is almost zero :( You're "shooting yourself in the foot" later on trying this, even if it gains you a little something now.

Phil

Maybe is ok to make wifi mods in Taiwan.

The way I work around it, is placing my wifi module just under the roof and the router/firewall in the basement next to UPS, and server.
That cover the whole block, without I have to boost up for the power on the wifi module.:)

If you still fell you got to much interference on you channel you use:( (that is not a problem in my area) you make sure again, got a powerful wifi access point. Find out who you sharing your bandwidth with, make a guess network with same access name and password protect it or keep ip open guide the all traffic to some hardcore content:eek:. Eventual you make them move to another channel.

You better keep a very low profile if you do it:cool:. Its still legal, but its not so nice and make sure its not a good It person, you play with:mad:.

Luckily we are not in US and we don't care.

In the US it is a Federal crime to alter any part of a non-licensed radio transmission system from the manufacturer's approved design ;) This includes the common practice of adding high-gain antennas to routers and connected devices. ....
Phil

Well, many of those Yi camera have been purchased direct from chinese reseller (if I remember well) for over 1 year and I am not really sure those were UL approved or else.
And once they made the distinctions btw international versione and chinese one was smthing like this (on amazon).
"The U.S. version is compatible with U.S. Wi-Fi network environments and voltage, along with U.S. environmental standards. It has different packaging and English instructions. The other non-U.S. version are not from authorized sellers and could be counterfeit."

Back