WiFi on/off/format button not working

Gordon F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - new on here.
Had the cam fitted about a month ago. At the time the guy at the dealership had difficulty connecting it to my phone but did eventually get it done.
Worked ok for a few days then tried to connect to see an incident after being out driving but wouldn't connect through wifi. Straightaway took the card out and looked on the laptop through the app but the journey, hadn't been recorded. Couple of days later still couldn't connect but there was now there was a continuous verbal message from the unit saying 'direct wifi connection already in use.'
Took it back to the dealers, this was about 8-10 days after it had been fitted, and after a while they found it had connected to the WLAN on the car which was giving the message when trying to connect my phone.
All working again fine when I left.
Was away for a few days last week with the caravan, about 100 mile trip and when i got there decided just to make sure everything was working ok with the cam.
Pressing the wifi on / off button nothing happened. No option to format the card either. Tried it a few times over different days when we were away but still the same. No PC with me but when I got home looked on the card an none of the weeks journeys had been recorded.
Left the cam disconnected and in the glovebox last night and refitted this morning.
Wifi button said wifi on but pressing again didn't turn it off. During the drive, verbal message manual mode recording came up a couple of times for some reason and although I still couldn't connect through wifi, the journey this time was actually recorded on the card.
Anyone has anything similar? Am going back in to the dealers tomorrow with it to hopefully get it sorted.

I would be 'hopefully getting it swapped out' because it doesn't sound right.
I have 2 x 750 2CH and have never had that sort of problem with either of them.

Press the button = WiFi on announced. Press it again = WiFi off announced. (But only after it has fully 'fired up'.)
My phone then connects no problem and I can watch the recordings (I usually take the card indoors and admire the footage on a 27" monitor rather than squint at a stupid small phone screen in lo res)

Dealers agree the cam is faulty and are going to exchange it. Good service from them to be fair, but they don't have one in stock to replace it so another trip out when it comes in.
Appreciate the reply :)

Back