WiFi - Parking Mode

NAZtradamus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else having issues connecting to the cam while it’s in parking mode? I can’t connect to it via WiFi or the cloud when it’s parked up on the drive. When I’m in the car then connecting to it via WiFi is no issue.

I’ve got my Home WiFi setup as the primary hotspot and I thought this would mean it would connect to the cloud when in range
however it doesn’t seem to connect to it. I’ve seen it connect a few times but it’s very hit and miss. The WiFi light is on ‘solid’ in the cam itself.

Is the range very limited? My WiFi router is very close - maybe 5-10 feet away.

Any ideas?

Check to see in the settings if the WiFi is set to go to sleep to conserve power. The 590 I put in the wifes car is default to so. I had changed it to stay on and that caused problems with her phone connecting to it instead of the home WiFi. Here we are not concerned with using cloud features, we park our cars in the middle yard behind the house and the Jeep is way out in the back yard.

It’s set to ‘auto turn-off’ but it’s greyed out so can’t change it.

According to the blackvue website when you enable the cloud service those options can’t be changed.

Seems a bit rubbish.

I never tinkered with the cloud service, so I wouldn't know of any workarounds.

Sounds like my dinner is ready, Good Luck

Sounds like your home network. Avoid the 5GHz on the dash cam. Unless your connecting to it directly.
Like for example. Does your home router have both? 5GHz and 2.4.
5 is a much better signal. But the range is not that long.

For the last 2 nights I've had a notification to say "connected" at 1am and 4am.

Not sure why its decided to connect at those times and not others lol I will try changing to 2.4 to see if that makes any difference - thanks for the advice.

I hope you get this sorted, as I'm looking to do the exact same thing.
I'm just waiting on my B-124 battery to arrive, but when set up, I want to be able to leave the camera in park mode running off the BlackVue battery whilst on the driveway, and be able to connect to it on my home WIFI network so I can look over the footage and copy any needed videos.

I don't want to have to walk to the car to turn WiFi on, to then walk back to the house to check on the footage.

Anyone else having issues connecting to the cam while it’s in parking mode? I can’t connect to it via WiFi or the cloud when it’s parked up on the drive. When I’m in the car then connecting to it via WiFi is no issue.

I’ve got my Home WiFi setup as the primary hotspot and I thought this would mean it would connect to the cloud when in range
however it doesn’t seem to connect to it. I’ve seen it connect a few times but it’s very hit and miss. The WiFi light is on ‘solid’ in the cam itself.

Is the range very limited? My WiFi router is very close - maybe 5-10 feet away.

Any ideas?

First are you getting " wrong password" and that is why you can not connect ..., if so mine does the same thing but when i move closer it works.
Second , try to check the option for " Garage" in the WiFi page showing your home WiFi login information.

i have the same set up as well as a hotpots in the car for while i am on the road and the cameras move between them no problem when i am parked at home,

It's started working now - haven't changed anything in regards to settings etc

Automatically connects to the home wifi when in range.

Thanks for all your help/replies - much appreciated.

I hope you get this sorted, as I'm looking to do the exact same thing.
I'm just waiting on my B-124 battery to arrive, but when set up, I want to be able to leave the camera in park mode running off the BlackVue battery whilst on the driveway, and be able to connect to it on my home WIFI network so I can look over the footage and copy any needed videos.

I don't want to have to walk to the car to turn WiFi on, to then walk back to the house to check on the footage.
fort he cloud to work you need to have wifi always on otherwise how would the camera get the internet connection ?

Back