WiFi Problem

s0ldier89

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Can anyone tell me where the hell I am going wrong? Updated to new firmware yesterday and got the WiFi working as it only worked the once on the last firmware. The exact same thing again has happened. I have tried all of the bandwidths available but to no avail.
I cannot understand why it connected the once and then never again?
Using a note 20 so android then.

Anyone tell me where I am going wrong please?

TIA.

I use an Apple 7+ for personal use and the VIOFO app and A129 Pro work great together; but....before I retired I used a Samsung Note 9 and Wifi on it was a PITA after upgrades or changing Wifi devices. Going by memory, I had to go into the Samsung Wifi setting and relearn the Wifi SSID ( as I recall ). Basically, the Samsung Note 9 had to forget the previous connection and password in order to use the new device. BlueTooth connections were just as sketchy and they also had to be relearned after FW updates on devices. My Apple, connects every time, no issue; the Samsung was a beast sometimes.
Yeh I also had same issue with Note 9 previous to this phone. I tried what you suggested earlier to no avail. Somebody said something about turning off mobile internet so shall try that when I get back from work. Cheers anyways .

the problem is in the last update - it is necessary to go back to the previous version
the latest version blocks 5ghz wifi

the problem is in the last update - it is necessary to go back to the previous version
the latest version blocks 5ghz wifi
This has now led me to another problem. The card does not seem to be picking up the .bin file for version 2.3. Is there a certain way to have to do it to install an earlier version? Cheers

Give this a try...reset the entire unit by taking a paperclip and inserting it into the small hole on the same side where the MicroSD card is. The hole has an "R" imprinted by it. Hold for about 5 seconds.
Already did that.. It wont recognise the older .bin file.. tried on another SD card also.. All formatted correctly..

does it have the format "FWA129P.bin"?
is it in the root?

It must be FAT32 format for firmware install…
Oh it's just gone one better. 2.3 wouldn't install so I went back to 1.0 tomstaet again. Worked. Sweet. Now will not switch on with any of the three SD cards I have.. f***** outrageous

Oh it's just gone one better. 2.3 wouldn't install so I went back to 1.0 tomstaet again. Worked. Sweet. Now will not switch on with any of the three SD cards I have.. f***** outrageous
Calm down, nothing outrageous about it, simply that you are doing something wrong!

Try again and follow the instructions to the letter, don't skip anything because you think it unnecessary or wrong. OK, some things in the official instructions are unnecessary, but the instructions do work if you follow them to the letter, the camera is a logical device, it always works if you do it right... I've probably put 50 firmwares on the A129 Pro without issue!

Calm down, nothing outrageous about it, simply that you are doing something wrong!

Try again and follow the instructions to the letter, don't skip anything because you think it unnecessary or wrong. OK, some things in the official instructions are unnecessary, but the instructions do work if you follow them to the letter, the camera is a logical device, it always works if you do it right... I've probably put 50 firmwares on the A129 Pro without issue!
Nige, I'm no novice with tech fella. Doing everything as I would usually do but as soon as a card is inserted it switches itself off. Just wondering as I have installed the first firmware, I wonder if there is limitations with SD cards?
Even connecting it to walk power/car/usb as soon as card is in (I've tried three 256,128 and 64) it just shuts down. Any ideas?

Nige, I'm no novice with tech fella. Doing everything as I would usually do but as soon as a card is inserted it switches itself off. Just wondering as I have installed the first firmware, I wonder if there is limitations with SD cards?
Even connecting it to walk power/car/usb as soon as card is in (I've tried three 256,128 and 64) it just shuts down. Any ideas?
Your inserting the card while the camera is off correct?

Back