WiFi problems connecting to my B4K camera.

Mark S-H

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
K6000, G1WH, G1WC, B1W, B4K
I am currently having terrible problems connecting to my B4K camera using the WiFi.
I am using firmware version B4K_20210201_V009 and using the UCam (now apparently called 'aidum') application Version 1.9.2.51 on my Android telephone
I open the Ucam (aidum) application and then I turn on the camera and it boots up normally.
I then press and hold the 'menu' button for a few seconds until the WiFi info appears on the screen. Also, the WiFi on the B4K screen only appears for about 5 seconds

The app says 'Please connect DVR' as below..

1635501866438.jpg

Then changes to a dialogue box which says 'Go to connect DVR' as below..

1635501866454.jpg

which then goes into my telephone WiFi settings.
The B4K Wifi information (sometimes) appears in the WiFi list and I select it.
Sometimes it connects successfully but most of the time it does not connect.
Sometimes when it does connect, the B4K camera then shutdown and reboots itself. I then have to start over again.

I am thinking the problem is either with the B4K B4K_20210201_V009 firmware or the UCam 'aidum') application Version 1.9.2.51

My questions:
1. Has anyone else had similar problems connecting to their B4K camera with the WiFi?
2. Does anyone have the B4K_20210201_V008 firmware they can share? I want to rollback the firmware and see if the same thing happens with the V008 firmware.
3. Is there any upgrades to the B4K_20210201_V009 firmware?
4. Is there any other android app I can use to connect to the B4K camera?

Last edited:
I just ran a test case of using my Tripltek 8 Pro Android tablet running 1.9.2.51 UCam 'aidum' accessing my B4K 2-channel camera running V009 firmware over Wi-Fi. The B4K's SSID appeared in the list of available SSIDs quickly and it seemed to be present anytime I attempted to connect to it.

Everything worked for me, other than the Wi-Fi connection was dropped when I spent about 45 seconds in the setting screen without making any changes or exiting that screen. Other than that one issue, I was able to access the live view of the front/rear cameras, toggle recording on/off and I downloaded one of the 4K front camera video files to my UCam 'aidum' local library. The file transfer speed is somewhat slow over the 2.4 GHz connection. The camera did not reboot during my testing.

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join the site.

I am also having the same issue with wifi connection like OP said. It justs not connected and always taking me back to telephone wifi settings.

What can be done about this?

Dash camera WiFi cannot access internet! Your phone cuts off dash camera WiFi connection automatically and switch back to your phone mobile data or home WiFi!
So, you need to redo WiFi connection in your phone WiFi settings!

I'm fully aware dash cam wifi cannot access internet. What I'm saying is the ucam app is not connecting because I keep getting error to check password which takes me back to wifi settings. With a password like that there is no way to get it wrong

because I keep getting error to check password which takes me back to wifi settings
Default WiFi password 12345678

Exactly my point. That's the password I use and it's so simple anyone should get it right.

Question, when your mobile connects to cam via wifi what does it say, connected or not connected?

Mine says not connected. I will contact support, thanks

Or DM me a short video to show this problem! I will have a check then...

Hello and thanks for allowing me to join the site.

I am also having the same issue with wifi connection like OP said. It justs not connected and always taking me back to telephone wifi settings.

What is your power supply that you are using rated (amps) at? Try using a different power supply with higher output current.

Just to let you know that I changed my power supply to one that is capable of supplying up to 2.5 amps (apparently) which did the trick. Now I can connect top my B4K using my mobile telephone without any problems.
The power supply I was using was only rated at 1.5 amps and presumably could not handle the wifi being on and the camera operating at the same time and kept rebooting.

Actually I tried a different mobile phone and it connected but I am unable to transfer files from cam to mobile. Nothing shows up in the gallery of the cam, however I can take screenshot using the app and change settings. But I don't see recorded loop videos

If you are using a VPN that will throw a spanner in the works for sure.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A B4K 1