Wifi problems.

Indian

Reaction score
Country
Norway
My dashcam has trouble conecting to my iPhone 7. First i have to type my password about 20 times with a message saying inncorrect password and when it connects, I get a message saying the wifi signals are too weak.
Should i take it back to the shop?
Sometimes it works fine but having to type the password is taking too much time. I can never log on by typing the password once. Sometimes I give up and try another day. I wonder why they have a password for a dashcam.

Mine does this if I'm too far away from the dashcam (iPhone 6s).

Ever since upgrading the firmware to 1.013, there hasn't been any issues connecting to wifi from the car. From the house, I'll get the incorrect password message.

Last edited:
I get these messages while sitting in the car. I have firmware version 1.013 but always told there is a new upgrade available and when I try to upgrade it stops at around 20% and a message that wifi is too weak.

Yeah, that's bizarre. I would take it back to the shop if under warranty.

With the older firmwares, wifi used to be wonky on one of my units (I've got two). Now it connects every single time.

If you want to try one last thing to make sure it's not software related, format the card and re-install a fresh version of the firmware from your computer - not from the dashcam

Here are the instructions:
https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/...grading-the-dashcam-s-firmware-using-computer

I've also heard of some people having wifi issues because the microsd was drawing too much power. Seems weird but see if you have another memory card available from a different brand to make sure it's not the issue.

Last edited:
I will give it a go today.

Make sure that your phone is not automatically re-connecting to either mobile data or your home network because it has no interned connection when connected to the dashcam.

I turn off 4G when connecting to the cam. I have no other wifi connection where the car is parked.

While formatting and copying files from the computer, I saw that 64GB cards should always be formatted on the computer and I am using a 64 GB card.
Tomorrow I will update the cam and see.

When I was reading the instructions for copying files. I found it ion the notepad file that was downloaded together with the upgrade file.
"CAUTION : The SD card should be formatted in FAT 32 format and BlackVue PC viewer(Windows/Mac) support proper format the SD card in FAT32 format. And 64GB SD card must be formatted on Blackvue PC viewer(Windows/Mac) for proper operation."

Attachments

• How to upgrade Firmware.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Don't you think it's strange that they tell you to format SD cards using the Viewer "Format" in the 750 manual on page 25?:rolleyes:

But I have my doubts if the card formatting is causing your connectivity problem.

I thought that a 32 FAT format is a 32 FAT format. What difference does it make with a 64 GB card if formatted in Windows?

Windows will only format up to 32G . So a 64G card will only have 32 available. It's a shortcoming of Windoze. It will appear as a 32G capacity card to everything. That's why BV say to use the viewer and other contributors are banging on about third party apps.
I suspect that at the time FAT32 was devised, a capacity greater than 32G was inconceivable.

Strange. Here is a screenshot of my card with a fresh install of the firmware. It shows the full capacity. Do you mean to say it is better to format in the camera?

Attachments

• 64.PNG
    64.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 5
If you have formatted it as FAT32 then yes it's ok. You can format either in the cam or using the viewer format. If you use Windoze file manager to format it it WILL NOT format it as FAT 32 and if it does, it will either have a max capacity of 32G or won't work in your cam regardless of the capacity reported by Windoze.
FORMAT IN THE CAMERA OR IN THE VIEWER.

Last edited:
My dashcam has trouble conecting to my iPhone 7. First i have to type my password about 20 times with a message saying inncorrect password and when it connects, I get a message saying the wifi signals are too weak.
Should i take it back to the shop?
Sometimes it works fine but having to type the password is taking too much time. I can never log on by typing the password once. Sometimes I give up and try another day. I wonder why they have a password for a dashcam.

Give it a try after disabling Wi-Fi Assist.
Go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data. Then scroll all the way down and tap the slider for Wi-Fi Assist.

I am done. The cam is just bad after a fresh install. I give up. I cant even get into settings. I am going to the shop and claim warranty.
Here are screenshots of the errors I get.
28176e49f7498b4a95405db0312e066b.jpg

35922ce7d856769e2c99253f0abbea0c.jpg

d531a4f16c6a0dd564eef4e3f1a6776b.jpg

f370d812b7064865a6f7c19772840111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you actually get video to play on the viewer?
Well. First one is because you are using the wrong password and there is no point trying to go further without inputting the correct one. The second one is because you are not connected. The third one is normal and just stating the obvious and should be ignored. The third one might be because the phone is switching to a network that has an internet connection. (See post #17 to overcome this 'feature')

Other than that, there is no point in just posting a bunch of disjointed error messages without the context under which they were generated.

The problems that you are having are more likely to be (a) operator error than (b) the cam being faulty. Having said that, we must rule out (a) before assuming (b)

The problem caused by 'Smart Switch' or 'WiFi Assist' (the phone drops the current WiFi connection that has no internet connection and goes looking for a connection with an internet connection) is a common problem, and the problem is being caused by the phone, not the BV.

I am done. The cam is just bad after a fresh install.
I didn't expect it to be any different.

Last edited:
Sometimes I can view the video but not the whole clip. It disconnects. Sometimes the video does not even load.
The incorrect password message repeats itself many times before it is accepted. I have the password in a note file and I copy and paste so there is no typing error. I copy once and paste and after repeated errors, I am able to connect with the same password I copied once.
Once logged on I get these errors, sometimes while it is loading the files or updating the firmware.
The third screen I got after I was asked to check the connection status of the connected camera and I pressed the cloud connection just to check if the camera was connected to wifi. Wifi assist and 4G is switched off. I have rebooted the camera and phone several times. I have done everything they say in support.
The last screen I got while updating the firmware and got to 20% and failed.
I am not a newbie with computers and have taken the MCSE exams so I am officially a Windows certified professional.
I have spoken to the shop and they said it was user error and told me to drop by with the cam and he will try to connect with his phone. Imagine him telling me that I type the wrong password when I copy and paste.

Last edited:
Back