Wifi problems.

First one is because you are using the wrong password and there is no point trying to go further without inputting the correct one.

Before the latest firmware, one of my units used to have wonky wifi and say the password was incorrect when trying to connect from the car. The solution was to turn wifi off and then back on again on the camera and it would work.

Now with the latest firmware - I’ll only get the incorrect password message if the wifi signal is too weak but I’ll never get it when connecting close by, from inside the car.

It is definitely possible he is entering the correct password. At this point, it sounds like a defective unit.

OP, please keep us updated.

Last edited:
Beginning to think that myself. If a WCP can't sort it, then what chance do we have?

Windows Certified Professional.:)

It is Microsofts certificate for support and administration of Windows networks.
I did it for Windows 2000.

Last edited:
Don't mind me. I was being facetious. Pop over to UK and give me a good kicking if you like.:love:
Wouldn't be the first time you Norsemen have done that either (but not recently).

I put in a formated the 16 GB Blackvue SD card today and it connected instantly to wifi and I did not even have to type in the password like I had to do every time with the other Samsung card. The video loads and I can use all features in settings.
No frustrations so far. The connection is stable and get no error messages.
The shop asked me to use the camera for a few days and they will either give me a new card or a camera.
Looking good so far.

Let's hope so Indian. It's been a long haul.
I can't really understand why an iffy card would stop the WiFi.

The card might be corrupted. I have had a two freak messages telling me to put in a SD card while I was driving but did not think more about it.

Let's hope so Indian. It's been a long haul.
I can't really understand why an iffy card would stop the WiFi.
I can. If the card is drawing too much current it would affect the WiFi module. This is another reason BlackVue recommend their own cards. Using 'dodgy' cards can potentially damage the unit by causing it to overheat, this in turn could invalidate the warranty.

I am on holiday in Malaysia and I got hold of a Viofo micro SD card in MLC. I paid about 25 euros.
Since Viofo makes some good dashcams, I figured their SD vard was good enough for a Blackvue.
46842e86ec039f69cb7938f15421a795.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back