Wifi Question & watching clips on the Phone

Yousuf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Merc have now hardwired both Front & Back. Sadly the Front is only a 1080p. They have done a cracking job on the installation tho.

Anyways, how do i watch the clips on my Android Phone? And what's the Wifi option for? Assuming i need an App?

Many thanks

Download the Nextbase app from the play store.

Turn on wifi on the camera, on your phone connect to the camera SSID in your wifi settings then you can view playback of the clips and download them onto your phone if you need to.

You can also change the camera settings via the app but you still have to manually turn wifi on and off on the camera so you may as well just use the menu button on the camera to do this.

The front camera will only record in 1080p with the rear camera connected the only way to have 1440p is to only have the front camera.

You might have to turn off 'Smart network (SN)' or whatever it's called on your phone.
What the SN does on android is if it can't find an internet connection on the current WiFi (the dashcam) it drops it and looks for another..

The front camera will only record in 1080p with the rear camera connected the only way to have 1440p is to only have the front camera.

Yes, noticed that. Such a shame

Agree with M8TJT , I had a similar problem until I discovered WiFi + (enhanced wifi) as it is titled on my phone was enabled, disabling it allowed me to view or download video from dashcam to the phone.

Back