WiFi question

wallstreet123456

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there are way to have WiFi not start automatically when the unit boots up because my phone connects to it automatically and I would rather it not.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Your phone shouldn't be connecting to WiFi hotspots automatically unless you set it to. If you set it to connect to *any* random WiFi hotspot without checking with you first, you need to turn that off pronto. Huge security hole on your phone. Otherwise, you should be able to set your phone on a per-hotspot basis to connect or not.
The short answer to your initial question is No, though.

Here are my Wifi settings on my phone and it does not seem like it is set to auto connect unless I am missing somethingCapture2.JPG Capture2.JPG

Reactions: Mtz
I'm not much of an iThing user, but under "Manage Networks" you should see the list of known hotspots. For the camera one, there should be an option to "automatically connect", which you'll want set to Off. Hopefully it's as easy as that.

Is there a way on iOS to have the phone remember the WiFi network, but not automatically connect to it unless I manually tell it to? I can't find that setting. I don't see "Manage Networks" on my settings (although now looking back it seems like that might be in reference to Android ...) can someone give the exact path through Settings? Thanks....

I've been "Forgetting Network" and then manually re-connecting if I want to access the camera - it's a pain.

This in the Blackvue Config-app for Windows and Android (other interface same settings)

sUdklip.JPG

I'm pretty sure that if you have Blackvue Cloud enabled then it disables the WiFi on/off settings since it needs to keep WiFi on all the time for the Cloud connection.

It would be nice if you could separately control the HotSpot side, but leave the Cloud side on all the time .... but I don't think you can. I was hoping to keep the network stored in my phone, but not have it connect automatically (but only connect if I manually go in and connect). I can't see a way to do this on iOS.

When you are connected to the Blackvue wifi, go to the i icon next to it and go inside the settings and you'll find Auto Join, just toggle it to off.

Back