WiFi Speed Issue

Theroninhunter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So I've added the 'N' setting on my Blackvue and the device is no more than 10M away from my server to download the files but the transfer rate is appalling, it's taken 15mins to download a 40MB file.

I've also noted on occasion the camera will not DHCP either, I have to restart it sometimes to get DHCP working again. I have installed the latest firmware version of 2.07

I have noted something similar, although it doesn't take 15 minutes. The download speed seems to be very erratic. It will go fast for a few seconds, then stall for several seconds. Maybe the processing overhead is too heavy for the camera since it is still recording video. Maybe in a future firmware update, there might be some means provided to temporarily suspend video recording while files are being downloaded. I have noted that my downloading via WiFi seems to go somewhat faster when the camera is in parking mode.

Hi,

So I've added the 'N' setting on my Blackvue and the device is no more than 10M away from my server to download the files but the transfer rate is appalling, it's taken 15mins to download a 40MB file.

I've also noted on occasion the camera will not DHCP either, I have to restart it sometimes to get DHCP working again. I have installed the latest firmware version of 2.07

Actually turned out it was my garage door when shut reduced the signal (Obvious lol), brought a USB cable extender so my dongle is now positioned next to the brick closest to the car. Now a single 40M file downloads in 15-20secs

Back