Wifi to App Connection

SWoMP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just done a run out with my replacement camera and it seems to be working fine.... However (!)

After a stop to check parking mode I activated the Wifi to connect the smartphone app (and let's ignore that connecting is a pita for the moment). When I finally got a connection I changed some minor settings (e.g. date and time, speed type) and then I could see the image that is from the camera display. So I decided to do a drive with the app still running...

It then seems that there must be a time limit on the Wifi to app connection because it dropped after a few minutes. And when I looked back at the recordings, the act of the connection dropping also seems to have restarted the recording segment. It did resume without my intervention.

So, are these two things normal behaviour: 1) dropping the wifi connection to the app; and 2) it restarting the current recording segment?

All responses appreciated...

Just a nudge to see if one of our Viofo knowledgeable can comment on the above please?

Thankyou for that.
Just the other question left now: Does the Wifi connection on the A129 Pro timeout and switch off? If so, how long is rhe timeout period?
TIA

I never run the camera with the wifi on. I use the wifi just to look at the video clips and change setting every once in a while. I don't understand why one would need to drive car leaving the app connected to wifi...

Last edited:
I wouldn't normally leave it connected but with the other problems I have had in this case I did so so my passenger could see what the camera was seeing. My question was for my own reference to go with the other things I've learnt about this system as I try to get it functioning correctly in my required aspects.

Back