WiFi Upload

CamSTAR1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello All - I run an ambulance service and am looking for dashcams that are 1080, capture out the windshield and in the cab and maybe back up cam, and have IR, which is all pretty easy and standard.

What I want but can't seem to find, is a system that when the ambulances back into the garage, will automatically upload and video via WiFi to our server, instead of paying to go to the cloud or having to physically go to each ambulance.

HELP PLEASE!

Yeah.
Not having looking at the commercial systems for a long while, they all seemed to have a swap able hard drive, and so that way move data around.
Going the wifi route actually don't sound silly with the commercial systems, so yes a bit strange you cant find that yet.
In the consumer systems you also don't find that, though i do think someone have hacked something up for some blackvue cameras, but i am not sure if that also include automatic UL to a NAS / server.
The wifi are also pretty slow, the wifi modems in the cameras are not like you see today in phones / routers ASO, its limping behind.

It seems that no one has checked how the IP video surveillance camera will work in a car, although many of these cameras are powered by 12 volts and have the functionality you need. Maybe it’s worth looking for information from DIY enthusiasts in this direction, or asking for advice on the corresponding forum on ССTV/ surveillance cameras (for example here: https://ipcamtalk.com/)
Some of the manufacturers of car DVRs continue to make timid attempts to implement the WiFi function in the client / station mode (this is what you need), but so far there is no information about positive shifts in this direction. And it is very strange

There may be some help found in the Blackvue DR900S forum; IIRC some technically savvy folks have done this and posted about it there. It's not a simple process nor is it fast as the wifi in dashcams is rather basic and slow, plus I'm not sure if one server can connect with more than one cam at a time either. If there's anything better than this it will be found in commercial cam systems meant for fleet use- you'll need to speak with your banker before going there as that stuff ain't cheap and the vid quality is usually lesser too.

Everyone wants easy, convenient, cheap, and reliable but nobody gets it all in the same one package.

Phil

The lack of station mode in many cameras, i think is due to the companies don't really have a dedicated team on the software / code side of their business.
Some cameras ( often action ) do seem to have station mode in that they can connect and stream via a range of social media, so to me at least this mean they should also be able to connect to some IP address and offload footage instead of streaming live.
As i understand it station mode are also supported in current hardware, it is just no one use it as it is not a polished part of the SDK, so no camera company dare to tackle it as they rely too much on the SOC maker to do much of the heavy lifting for them.

I also think one reason might be, if the camera are to do automated backup, and it have parking mode too the little memory card might have problems keeping up.
CUZ while it upload all the footage right up until you parked your car, it must also do parking mode meanwhile, at least it must in my book of ideal.
The camera should then save the time/date name of the last file it backed up, so that the next time the camera arrive at home to backup it know where to start cuz there is no need for backing up older files that might still me on the camera memory card.

As usual it is probably a lot more complicated than i think it is, i am very good at simplifying things, not least things i don't fully understand.

..it is just no one use it as it is not a polished part of the SDK, so no camera company dare to tackle it as they rely too much on the SOC maker to do much of the heavy lifting for them.

So very true. Though I have little understanding of how all that works in it's details I've long believed that if a cam manufacturer hired someone who could go into the full depth of programming the thing they could come up with a product which nobody else could match, and thus have the entire market to themselves. Dashcams are always lagging behind the latest technology; for now it just goes with the game :(

Phil

Hi Phil,

Please check for Phisung T2 4G gps wifi hotspot DMS dashcam with Front and inner IR Night vision dual car camera dvr Android 5.1 RAM1GB+ROM16G or any MDVR with Support Chinese 808 and 1078 protocol, 905 taxi standard, . You can install your own CMSV6 Server and it will automatically upload video via WiFi to your server (CMSV6 server). Please see attached for server details.

Han

Attachments

• CMSV6-Server.png
    CMSV6-Server.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 10
I think he are looking for a camera on the back of the car, or maybe in the back of the car where a patient might be, so a rear facing camera on the windscreen might not do it.

4CH MDVR is suitable, like a picture

Attachments

• MDVR.jpg
    MDVR.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 7
Back