Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Last edited:
I dont get the remote.
Okay its fine for indicating if camera is recording, or if wifi is on or not, but i dont get the on/off button and i dont get the record button.

I dont get the remote.
Okay its fine for indicating if camera is recording, or if wifi is on or not, but i dont get the on/off button and i dont get the record button.
If to wear gloves, how else to operate a DVR without buttons, especially when it rains ?
I am excluding use of mobile phone for everyday convenience use. Mobile phone can be used when need to adjust settings or view / download recording, but on daily use for basic operations like rec pause, on / off, maybe some other functions, I see those buttons are essential.

This looks like a step in the right direction for dashcams in cars.
The rotatable lens & mounting option looks great for those wishing to mount their cams behind the mirror, on the dotted sunshade OR, as in my case, right at the top of the screen.
In either case, getting the lens close to the screen & pointing down to avoid sky

Why not have it start recording when power is on bike, and stop when bike is turned off.

With this remote the divice to me its more of a journey loggin device, then you can start recording when you pass thru a interesting spot on your drive.
But as a dashcam its no good unless you hit record when you start driving, and then hit stop when the drive is over. ( but what if you have a accident and you forgot to start recording )
I have not read thru information to know if it do have record on start, and you then can use the big button to pause and start/stop recording later without having stopped the engine on the bike.

The power on / off button is offcourse usefull if the camera is connected directly to the battery on the bike, but other than that i dont see a use for it.

Why not have it start recording when power is on bike, and stop when bike is turned off.

With this remote the divice to me its more of a journey loggin device, then you can start recording when you pass thru a interesting spot on your drive.
But as a dashcam its no good unless you hit record when you start driving, and then hit stop when the drive is over. ( but what if you have a accident and you forgot to start recording )
I have not read thru information to know if it do have record on start, and you then can use the big button to pause and start/stop recording later without having stopped the engine on the bike.

The power on / off button is offcourse usefull if the camera is connected directly to the battery on the bike, but other than that i dont see a use for it.

I assume you did not read all info that has been added.
Recording Start / stop recording exist from engine start / stop. Connection is to motorbike battery is also available. Check pictures I have added when posted this thread or you may find same info from website or MANUAL ;)

That said, a great many dashcams have an on/off button as well as auto start/record. As long as this cam does the same thing, does it really matter?
It'd be good if that huge button could be re-assigned to save 'incidents' - in other words, when pressed, the cam auto saves a 5minute file (eg. 2.5mins either side of the press to ensure the lead up to the incident is kept as well as a short while after).

In fact, something for all cam manufacturers to think about. Having a large button which not just locks the file as the button is pressed but saves a goodly record of the the whole time around the incident - you might lock a file immediately after an incident only to find that the file you lock starts 2 seconds after the interesting bit!

As long as it start recording on engine power up i am happy. thats the way i would have it if i had a motorcycle, then i would proberly just Mount the remote some where out of reach but so i could still see the status LEDs.

I dont like the event recordings on my lukas, when used it save a recording only 10 seconds before button press, and 30 seconds after.
I would prefer it just saved the Whole current file in a event folder so it couldent be deleted by camera on a longer drive when camera it start recycling older clips.

Looking at the pics above there is some pretty neat installs :) but looking at the video clips its clear that vibrations is a problem for moped/motorcycle cameras. ( mounted on the bike )
The best place for a bike cam is proberly on the helmet, then there is a huge vibration damper between camera and bike ;)

That said, a great many dashcams have an on/off button as well as auto start/record. As long as this cam does the same thing, does it really matter?
It'd be good if that huge button could be re-assigned to save 'incidents' - in other words, when pressed, the cam auto saves a 5minute file (eg. 2.5mins either side of the press to ensure the lead up to the incident is kept as well as a short while after).

In fact, something for all cam manufacturers to think about. Having a large button which not just locks the file as the button is pressed but saves a goodly record of the the whole time around the incident - you might lock a file immediately after an incident only to find that the file you lock starts 2 seconds after the interesting bit!

It has a Lock-file function, but it only locks a current loop recorded file, so yeah - they can update firmware to lock file the way it locks some time before and after the lock-file-point.

As long as it start recording on engine power up i am happy. thats the way i would have it if i had a motorcycle, then i would proberly just Mount the remote some where out of reach but so i could still see the status LEDs.

I dont like the event recordings on my lukas, when used it save a recording only 10 seconds before button press, and 30 seconds after.
I would prefer it just saved the Whole current file in a event folder so it couldent be deleted by camera on a longer drive when camera it start recycling older clips.

Looking at the pics above there is some pretty neat installs :) but looking at the video clips its clear that vibrations is a problem for moped/motorcycle cameras. ( mounted on the bike )
The best place for a bike cam is proberly on the helmet, then there is a huge vibration damper between camera and bike ;)

just in case you can have two cameras: one for the bike ( this one here ) and one for helmet, for example Innovv C3 ;)

yep :) i would prefer on bike camera, but its a big challenge with all those vibrations.

For helmet use i would still prefer it to be as stealthy as possible, just like i prefer my dashcameras. So i am thinking a very flat housing ( 1 liop cell + 2-3 mm ) and then camera optics / cmos baset on smartphone cameras, so that the camera just look like a low bump / deformaty on the helmet.

Somthing like 10 x 30 x 70 mm ( T- W- L ) with sides tapering in towards the outlines to get a neat arodynamic look to it, maybe even in a flexibel sillicone/ rubber housing to conform to helmet curves.

yep :) i would prefer on bike camera, but its a big challenge with all those vibrations.

For helmet use i would still prefer it to be as stealthy as possible, just like dashcameras. So i an thinking a very flat housing ( 1 liop cell + 2-3 mm ) and then camera optics / cmos baset on smartphone cameras, so that the camera just look like a low bump / deformaty on the helmet.

Somthing like 10 x 30 x 70 mm ( T- W- L ) with sides tapering in towards the outlines to get a neat arodynamic look to it, maybe even in a flexibel sillicone housing to conform to helmet curves.

If I would be a dashcam developer / manufacturer, I would approach a helmets manufacturer and offer them solution / co-operation in developing a new generation of helmets with built in ( moulded into helmet ) a dual channel dashcams ( front + rear ). For sure this is huge open market with huge demand for such solution and first who steps into it ( will be a pioneer ), - he will get success.

yeah the helmet makers should take this into account.

But a helmet camera or 2 allso have some problems, the riding position on bikes are quite differetn depending on the bike.
To me the most optimal is cameras on the top of the helmet facing forward and back, but on the crotch rockets ppl lean forward a lot so the footage would proberly be mostly speedo and trees and skies for the rear facing camera.
Where as same helmet on a Harley rider will proberly be perfect due to ther more upright riding position.

Just typicall the more you think about somthing, the more issues need to be solved. :rolleyes:

So i must conclude the most optimal must be bike mounted solutions, unless you are the kind of driver who do most of your driving on the rear Wheel.

It looks more suitable for scooters or bikes with full fairings. I cannot think of anywhere that I could mount that on my bike without it looking like a botch job.

The main (only?) issue with helmet cams is that motorcyclists move their heads around a lot in towns / traffic. Watching the vid afterwards makes you seasick! As Kamkar said though, a fixed camera in a helmet might be OK for one person but no good for a thousand others. Car windscreens are the same height no matter how tall the driver is, but a tall motorcyclist will want the camera to be at a different angle that a short motorcylist would. Then you get laid back riders, head-down-bum-up riders and anything else in between.

Frank

yeah the helmet makers should take this into account.

But a helmet camera or 2 allso have some problems, the riding position on bikes are quite differetn depending on the bike.
To me the most optimal is cameras on the top of the helmet facing forward and back, but on the crotch rockets ppl lean forward a lot so the footage would proberly be mostly speedo and trees and skies for the rear facing camera.
Where as same helmet on a Harley rider will proberly be perfect due to ther more upright riding position.

Just typicall the more you think about somthing, the more issues need to be solved. :rolleyes:

So i must conclude the most optimal must be bike mounted solutions, unless you are the kind of driver who do most of your driving on the rear Wheel.

It looks more suitable for scooters or bikes with full fairings. I cannot think of anywhere that I could mount that on my bike without it looking like a botch job.

The main (only?) issue with helmet cams is that motorcyclists move their heads around a lot in towns / traffic. Watching the vid afterwards makes you seasick! As Kamkar said though, a fixed camera in a helmet might be OK for one person but no good for a thousand others. Car windscreens are the same height no matter how tall the driver is, but a tall motorcyclist will want the camera to be at a different angle that a short motorcylist would. Then you get laid back riders, head-down-bum-up riders and anything else in between.

Frank

I think of built into helmet DVR with camera lens that would adjust automatically horizontal ground / earth line using a mini gyroscope system. At the same time having a kinda remote control mounted on bike with few quick buttons to lock or unlock gyroscope, so in case you want to record up or down, then gyro locks and camera follows helmet angle, if gyro is activated ,then camera follows ground horizon. I know those might look like silly fantasy, but in our 21st century everything is possible. Just need to give an idea for engineers and they will do the rest ;)

I think of built into helmet DVR with camera lens that would adjust automatically horizontal ground / earth line using a mini gyroscope system. At the same time having a kinda remote control mounted on bike with few quick buttons to lock or unlock gyroscope, so in case you want to record up or down, then gyro locks and camera follows helmet angle, if gyro is activated ,then camera follows ground horizon. I know those might look like silly fantasy, but in our 21st century everything is possible. Just need to give an idea for engineers and they will do the rest ;)
Too complex! engineering for the sake of engineering :eek:

Frank

Too complex! engineering for the sake of engineering :eek:

Frank

Nothing is complex in this world,

just need a:

- good idea
- time
- money
- and "brains" / skills who would put all this together ;)

You know the old story Niko:
At the start of the space-race, the Americans spent millions of dollars developing a pen which would write in zero gravity.
The Russians used pencils :)
I'm a pencil kind of guy myself.

Frank

You know the old story Niko:
At the start of the space-race, the Americans spent millions of dollars developing a pen which would write in zero gravity.
The Russians used pencils :)
I'm a pencil kind of guy myself.

Frank

Myself also pencil-kinda-guy, living my life today, using what today can offer, but for sure I think into the future guessing what could be done better or differently. Its always a hit and miss with many crazy ideas, but some of them might be worth to look into.

Back