Wifi weak signal for Blackve DR500GW-HD

Canlee

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Hi users,

I got my DR500GW-HD for more than a year and it recently has been giving me issues.
Firstly, it kept "rebooting" itself when car is in motion. i.e. I would move off once the DVR announces "starting normal recording" but a few minutes later, the DVR announces " starting normal recording" agian... Minor issue as it only happens on a less frequent basis.

Secondly, I could connect to the DVR via WI-FI but I cannot view the video files or live feed. It will prompt a message that "wi-fi signal is weak and return to file list". I tried to resolve this issue by following the solution provided by blackvue website which is to update the firmware to latest version but I still could not view the video files and live feed via wi-fi... It was working well till all the firmware and software updates screwed it...

The current firmware version is 2.002 English while the andriod phone application is currently version 1.62.

Can anyone please advise or recomend any solutions?

Thank you in advance.

The restarting issue is a power loss and could be the backup power is faulty. Mine did it or a few days but a firmware update seemed to fix it.

Don't bother with the WIFI so cant help you and hav only ever used it with phone in the car

Hi users,

I got my DR500GW-HD for more than a year and it recently has been giving me issues.
Firstly, it kept "rebooting" itself when car is in motion. i.e. I would move off once the DVR announces "starting normal recording" but a few minutes later, the DVR announces " starting normal recording" agian... Minor issue as it only happens on a less frequent basis.

Secondly, I could connect to the DVR via WI-FI but I cannot view the video files or live feed. It will prompt a message that "wi-fi signal is weak and return to file list". I tried to resolve this issue by following the solution provided by blackvue website which is to update the firmware to latest version but I still could not view the video files and live feed via wi-fi... It was working well till all the firmware and software updates screwed it...

The current firmware version is 2.002 English while the andriod phone application is currently version 1.62.

Can anyone please advise or recomend any solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Are you using a Samsung phone? The 'WiFi signal is took weak' can be caused by the phone attempting to access mobile data when connected to the cameras WiFi connection.

If you turn off 'Data Roaming' it should fix this issue, this seems to happen as a result of the phone model or firmware. We have never had it occur here with iPhones.

Thank you.

Back